Topic Options
#29698 - 11/10/11 09:28 AM Gridview Table Question
SusanTennier Offline
Adagio Maestro

Loc: Ontario, Canada
We regularly use a gridview that I created using the table, "OE Hst Detail/w Head".

Question 1: I don't see where optional fields are available to add to this view. Where are the optional fields and how can I include them in this view?

Question 2: I currently have the view linked to another view created using the table, "AR Transactions" so that we can determine by linking the Doc# if the Invoice has a current amount in AR or if it has a zero balance. This takes about 15 - 20 seconds to load. Too long. Is there a way I can add this info to the OE view using insert related column?

Let me know. Thanks!

#29701 - 11/10/11 10:52 AM Re: Gridview Table Question [Re: SusanTennier]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Susan,

1) The optional fields stored with the order are in the History Header Extension data file. So to get this information, you need to use the composite table '*OE Hist Detail w Head, Head Ext'. You may be able to re-load this table from F4 - View Definition when your view is open, but make a backup of your GV workspace and views before trying this.

2) There is no 'direct link' to the AR Transactions table from the OE History Header table, so you cannot use the 'Insert Related Data' column function. But you can use a calculated column with a GetLinkedValue formula. This would mean ensuring that your existing AR Transactions view has the document number column with the same title as a column in your OE view (and it probably does since you have them currently linked), and both views must be open for this formula to work.

The calculated column formula in your OE view would look something like:
GetLinkedValue("AR Trans View Name","Invoice # column title","Current Balance")

Check out the Help file for formula help (in the Query section of formulas) for more complete information on how to use GetLinkedValue.

#29708 - 11/10/11 12:34 PM Re: Gridview Table Question [Re: Softrak Support]
SusanTennier Offline
Adagio Maestro

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Amazing!!!! GetLinkedValue is SO much better than a linked view that you have to click through one at a time. :-) Thanks!

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 53 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1847 Members
5 Forums
14237 Topics
69721 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18