Topic Options
#19230 - 10/27/09 02:34 PM data base add on for IC for physical inventory cnt
Treasure S. Offline
Adagio Guru

Loc: Winnipeg, MB
Hi All

Management in our company was just brainstorming and I thought I'd ask the question here on what might be available to assist us in processing our physical inventory counts this year.

We have a couple locations, and we'd like to be able to have our warehouses split into sections and items counted by section then added to a data base in the counters laptops. We like the counters to just be able to find the item and key in the amount they've counted and it will continually update their own little data base. After the inventory items are counted we'd consolidate the data from each section and location to the master data base So the combined data could then be reconciled or entered into Adagio.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is doing this with their accpac or adagio data and what they are using instead of recording it manually on the physical inventory sheets. We're not bar coded so I don't need anything fancy. Even better would be to import that data as the new physical intentory but that maybe asking quite a bit. I don't really want the counters messing with Adagio physical inventory screens even if I just downloaded stand alone adagio IC for them. I thought of Excel but I'm still thinking a data base program I can download my data to would be better.

If you have any ideas let me know, thanks I appreciate it.

Edited by Treasure S. (10/27/09 02:36 PM)

#19232 - 10/27/09 02:45 PM Re: data base add on for IC for physical inventory cnt [Re: Treasure S.]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Treasure,

Adagio Inventory does have an Import Physical Inventory function already, and also an Export Physical Inventory function that is attached to the Print Physical Inventory Worksheet report. You could choose to export the location to an Excel sheet, split it up as required, and then after the counts are done in Excel import them in.

You would not be required to consolidate the separate counts into a master Excel file to import - you could instead import each of the counts, audit and post one at a time. So for example, import count A, audit then post, then import count B, audit then post, and so on. Or you could consolidate the individual counts into one importable file if desired.

When exporting/importing the counts, you have the option of including the 'Qty on hand' value for each item. This affects the import by either importing a 'net change' of quantity (if qty on hand selected) or a 'total count' of quantity (if not selected). The choice depends on what type of transaction entry and/or warehouse access is allowed during a count.

If this appears interesting, perhaps take a peak with sample data or a copy of your data to see if this might be a valuable process. I would recommend not testing this on your live data until you know what choices to select, as if you picked the wrong ones then it could cause problems with the counts.

#19242 - 10/27/09 05:02 PM Re: data base add on for IC for physical inventory cnt [Re: Softrak Support]
Treasure S. Offline
Adagio Guru

Loc: Winnipeg, MB
Thanks Softrack Support, If I could import them one at a time that would solve part of my problem. I'll try playing around with the sample data and see if this works for me. Thanks

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18