Topic Options
#11765 - 03/12/08 07:55 PM Order Entry Picking Ticket Specifications
Taylor Offline
Adagio Buff

Loc: Alberta Canada
Hi. I am back again. Thanks for your answer to my duplicate columns. I have been trying to design a picking ticket to meet the needs of our business. I looked at the specification titled "OE$PICK.DAT". I do not think I modified it. When I printed a picking ticket with info from an order, the last item number in the detail section printed after the comments and instructions. I can not seem to figure out a way to correct this. I would like all the item numbers to print together. Ideally I would like the comment section and instruction section to print first, then the detail section, but I couldn't get that to work either. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My second question. Our item numbers are formatted as two characters/four characters.(XX/XXXX) I would like the item numbers on the picking ticket to be printed without the "/". I tried the two different specifications codes for item numbers, but they both printed the same way--with the "/". Is it possible to get rid of the slash? Again thanks for any help.

#11766 - 03/12/08 08:37 PM Re: Order Entry Picking Ticket Specifications [Re: Taylor]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Hi Taylor

When you print pick slips, there is a line on the screen that says "Sort lines by" and offers three choices - 1) Location/picking sequence, 2) Location/item number and 3) Line number.

I'll bet choice (3) will produce the results you want. It will print the pick slip in exactly the same order that you entered the details.

As for unformatted item numbers, obviously D1 (item number formatted) isn't going to work. I tried D55 (item number no spaces) and it didn't remove the dividers - I guess it just trims spaces out of the item number (pretty stupid in my opinion).

What you will have to do is to use D1 multiple times - in the example you gave (XX/XXXX), the first instance of D1 you would set the length to 2 and the offset to 0, the second instance of D1 you would set the length to 4 and the offset to 3. Make the two fields close enough and it will appear as one string (especially if you use a non-proportional font like Courier).

Steve

PS - suggestion to Softrak - add a spec code called item number unformatted.

#11768 - 03/12/08 08:58 PM Re: Order Entry Picking Ticket Specifications [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Taylor Offline
Adagio Buff

Loc: Alberta Canada
Thanks Steve. I will try your suggestion for the formatting of the item number. Your first suggestion re printing of the item numbers and comments will not work for me. The reason for the pick ticket is so it sorts the items by their picking sequence, not the way that they are entered when keying the order. Any other ideas?

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18