Topic Options
#2642 - 08/29/02 03:51 PM Data Sets
Eric Goldman Offline
Adagio Fan

Loc: North Brunswick, NJ
This is my first time, so please be patient.

I an upgrading from ACCPAC Plus. The Adagio Ledger program was loaded onto a networked computer, on a drive indentified as P:. This P: drive of the first computer is mapped as drive H: on a second computer. I loaded Adagio Ledger onto drive H: of the second computer. I also ran the allwkst.exe program, and I have Lanpak installed.

When I open Adagio Ledger on the first computer, the "Open Data" and "EZfile Directories" windows default to the P: drive (which is OK) and I can start working on the data set.

However, When I open Adagio Ledger on the second computer, the "Open Data" and "EZfile Directories" windows continue to default to the P: drive (which is not OK). I have to change the drive path to H:.

For discussion, let's say that I have exited Adagio Ledger on the first computer. When I reopen Adagio Ledger on the first computer, the "Open Data" and "EZfile Directories" windows now default to the H: drive and I have to change the drive path to P:.

Is there any way to get each computer to default to the correct drive path?

Thanks for your help.

#2643 - 08/29/02 07:08 PM Re: Data Sets
Softrak Support Online   happy

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Eric,

Adagio stores the paths to the EZTASKS, Currency, and User files in a special file (ADSPROF.DAT) in the data directory. Because of this, Adagio expects that all workstations will 'see' the program and data drives as the same drive letter. If workstations do not use the same drive mappings to the program and/or data drives, then the inconsistancies that you have run into will occur.

Is there a special reason why one station has the program drive mapped as P and the other station as H? Would you be able to find a different, 'common' drive mapping for all stations? If you are familiar with the Universal Naming Convention (UNC) method of identifying drives, Adagio respects this as well as the mapped letters. Edit the ADSPROF.DAT file in your data directory (with Word, Notepad, or any text editor) and replace H or P with the UNC drive name and path (such as \\SERVER\Softrak\System).

As you can imagine, it is important that all users share access to the 'EZFILES', as functions such as multi-user file locking is done using these files.

Regards,

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18