Topic Options
#66517 - 07/13/21 08:32 AM Departmental Lists
JWH Offline
John Hancock, CPA

Loc: London, ON
Is there a reason why departmental lists do not save after creating them? I don't seem to see a reason. I have been able to successfully create some and other when I click the OK button to save them nothing happens.

Just curious if anyone has run into this before.

#66518 - 07/13/21 08:35 AM Re: Departmental Lists [Re: JWH]
Douglas Dickie Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Vancouver, BC
It would be helpful if you described the steps you were using to create/save department lists and let us know which ver5ison of Ledger you are using.
ddickie@accsyssolutions.com

#66523 - 07/13/21 12:03 PM Re: Departmental Lists [Re: Douglas Dickie]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
If you are talking about the Department list in Financial Reporter, yes I have run into this where there are many departments. It never happens for the departments themselves, but always for the department ranges or department lists.

This is a form of data corruption. You should ask your Adagio consultant for help cleaning up the file - it is not something Data Integrity Check will fix. If you consultant wants to contact me for more information, that would be fine.

As for why the file gets corrupted, that's above my grade level.

Steve

#66526 - 07/13/21 01:03 PM Re: Departmental Lists [Re: Steve Schwartz]
JWH Offline
John Hancock, CPA

Thanks for the posts. There are no integrity errors so no issues there.

As for what I am doing:

1. Access the Financial Reporter.
2. Click on the View button and click on the Department option to View.
3. Right-click anywhere on an existing department and pick "Create Department List".
4. Include/not include the department I originally clicked on to create the list and pick and choose other departments for the list, give a description and then click OK.
5. It is when I click "OK" that sometimes it saves and sometimes it doesn't. There doesn't appear to be a pattern as to why it doesn't save.

I will delete a list I have just created and then attempt to recreate the department list that wouldn't save as described above and voila it will now save.

Weird and again no pattern for why this is happening.

#66528 - 07/13/21 01:44 PM Re: Departmental Lists [Re: JWH]
Softrak Support Online   happy

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Scott,

As Steve mentioned, the Data Integrity Check in Ledger would not detect any errors in the data files specific to the Financial Reporter (Department ranges and lists, Statement Groups, etc). The file could be bad but the Ledger DIC would be clean.

You didn't mention the version of the Financial Reporter in use. Please indicate this from the Help / About screen in the Financial Reporter. Such as 2.1.8.2761. Please also indicate whether the program file name has 64 or not, so we know whether this is the 64-bit or 32-bit version of the program. Some changes to the department field object were made in the most recent release of Ledger 9.3B (2021.05.27).

The name of the data file that maintains the department ranges, masks, lists and display sequence is GLDTREE.dat. It can be opened by a text editor including Notepad to take a peek, though I do not recommend making any edits to it. This file is only ever used by the Financial Reporter, though it also is updated when editing Departments in Ledger.

If the ability to save or not save a new List is not consistently repeatable following the exact same steps, it would seem to have to do what the ability to access and write changes to the GLDTREE data file at that moment in time.

#66530 - 07/13/21 02:09 PM Re: Departmental Lists [Re: Softrak Support]
JWH Offline
John Hancock, CPA

Thanks support for your input. To answer your question the version is:

LedgerFinRep64.exe version: 2.1.8.2761

Unless I missed a service pack or something I guess I am just going to trial and error it until I get what I want unless you have any other suggestions.

Not a huge deal here understand just was curious as if this is something that has happened before and the workarounds.

Thanks again.

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 72 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1847 Members
5 Forums
14239 Topics
69736 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18