Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#53042 - 03/17/17 11:41 AM Document Filters
Patricia B. Offline
Adagio Maestro

Loc: Langley, BC
We were expecting that all filters are refreshed by Datacare. What is the purpose of having floating dates in Orders or Quotes if the information shown is incorrect? The users are not always aware that the need to refresh the filter Every Day!

Even a filter for unprinted documents doesn't show the right information; the style has changed but the filter would need to be refreshed constantly as it is only refreshed manually. I found that there are gaps on the filters as the documents have been purged already (Orders and Invoices).

Wouldn't it be more useful if the documents filters are also refreshed during the DIC (at least Datacare one if it takes too long) or having the option to not do rebuild filters during DIC for the ones that don't have Datacare? This could also be a setting on individual filters.

Currently, only the master files filters are rebuild.

#53043 - 03/17/17 11:50 AM Re: Document Filters [Re: Patricia B.]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hi Patricia,

What application are we talking about? The Filters in OrderEntry and PurchaseOrders are maintained as documents are saved. Same for Customer and Vendor Filters. They are not maintained on posting of transaction batches in AR & AP.

The applications display the "As at:" date and time of the Filter, and there is a Refresh button on the Grid.

Can you provide a specific example please?

#53045 - 03/17/17 12:17 PM Re: Document Filters [Re: Retired_Guy]
Patricia B. Offline
Adagio Maestro

Order Entry and SalesCQ. When the filters contain floating dates, they are not updated as the documents are saved because the documents are not updated.

It is true the filter update time shows beside the button but people is not always aware of it or forget to check and update the filter.

#53046 - 03/17/17 12:27 PM Re: Document Filters [Re: Patricia B.]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Sorry. It sounds like you expect all the Filters to magically update at midnight. That's not the way they work.

We do not refresh the OE, CQ or PO Filters as part of the DIC for performance reasons. We believe that would have too significant an impact on the entire DIC process. Perhaps we should revisit that decision.

Unfortunately, people have to be aware of information that will help them do their job. I'm not sure what more we can do than display when the Filter Set was generated.

#53047 - 03/17/17 12:52 PM Re: Document Filters [Re: Retired_Guy]
Douglas Dickie Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Andrew:

It has been my understanding, since day one of filters, that all filters are refreshed by DataCare. I always thought that was a reasonable design solution as clients with DataCare would then get their filters updated every night (as DataCare would normally be setup to run every night) without the interruption of trying to do the refresh during the day.

In fact I seems to recall the argument that DataCare has not been replaced by Console as DataCare included additional features, like refreshing filters each time its run.

Without some process to automate the refresh of all filters, the solution is way less valuable. The refresh has to be automated. Overnight is okay. I though DataCare was the solution but if not then we need a solution.

If DataCare doesn't refresh all filters when run then I need to cancel a sale of DataCare that I just made on the basis that DataCare would eliminate the need to manually refresh all filters.

Let me know.
ddickie@accsyssolutions.com

#53048 - 03/17/17 01:09 PM Re: Document Filters [Re: Douglas Dickie]
Bob Wisener Offline
Adagio Conductor

Loc: Vancouver, BC
DataCare does rebuild filters on the condition that it has exclusive access to the dataset. The latter is a DC job option.

I wouldn't say that filters are always rebuilt. It depends whether the app normally rebuilds filters during the DIC application check.

Edited by Bob Wisener (03/17/17 01:25 PM)
Edit Reason: 2nd paragraph

#53049 - 03/17/17 01:54 PM Re: Document Filters [Re: Bob Wisener]
Patricia B. Offline
Adagio Maestro

We run Datacare with exclusive access everyday and a filter we use in SalesCQ with floating dates needs to be refreshed every time. It happened before on SalesCQ 8.1C and it happens now with SalesCQ 9.2A.

#53050 - 03/17/17 02:24 PM Re: Document Filters [Re: Patricia B.]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi, Patricia,

DataCare will rebuild filters if the 'Exclusve access only' option is enabled and if the individual modules rebuild filters.

Perhaps, I can beef up the DC Help more. Right now, it indicates that one of the reasons someone might not want to enable the 'Exclusive access only' option is because they don't want filters to be rebuilt, perhaps for performance reasons.

Maybe, I can add in that, if filters are not rebuilt by DIC within an individual module's DIC (eg. OE, CQ, IN), they will not be in DC DIC either.

#53052 - 03/17/17 03:39 PM Re: Document Filters [Re: Softrak Support]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

After an internal discussion, we agree that it makes sense that a DataCare job with exclusive access to the database should rebuild the Filters in all applications.

This means that ALL Filters would be refreshed as part of the DataCare job. This may SIGNIFICANTLY increase the length of time the job takes to complete when checking OrderEntry, PO and CQ.

#53053 - 03/17/17 04:11 PM Re: Document Filters [Re: Retired_Guy]
Patricia B. Offline
Adagio Maestro

Can it be optional? If Datacare takes too much time, there is a way to speed it up. I don't know what SIGNIFICANTLY could mean for a Datacare run that already takes more than an hour.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18