Topic Options
#52307 - 01/13/17 11:56 AM Unable to run Period end processing>Year end
200Partnership Offline
Stranger

Loc: Manitoba
Hello,

I am trying to run the year end processing for Dec 31/2016 and I receive the message "Posting journals for time need to be printed and cleared"

All December time has been posted and cleared, as well as the month end processing Dec 31/16. I have gone through the list of reports to print before running year end processing and all have either been printed in the month end processing or have none to print. "Time sheet period end processing" was run at the beginning of my month end procedures, and "Month End processing" was done at the end of it.

What am I missing/where can I look?

Thanks!

#52308 - 01/13/17 12:00 PM Re: Unable to run Period end processing>Year end [Re: 200Partnership]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hello,

Since this is more of a Tech Support question, rather than an Adagio issue, I'm going to move it to the Technical Support Forum.

#52309 - 01/13/17 12:05 PM Re: Unable to run Period end processing>Year end [Re: Retired_Guy]
200Partnership Offline
Stranger

OK, thank you smile

#52314 - 01/13/17 04:57 PM Re: Unable to run Period end processing>Year end [Re: 200Partnership]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
I presume that this is for Adagio Time&Billing, as you referred to Time Sheet period end. Is this correct? What version are you using?

There are 2 posting journals, for Time and Disbursements and for Billing. If you are using an older version of Time&Billing, you have to print and purge all reports prior to performing year end. The recently released version 9.2A will do all the posting journal purging as part of year end, without forcing you to do the purging yourself.

The most typical reason for this scenario is that even though you have gone through the process of printing and purging posting journals, for some reason the posting journal file still exists with data. To check this, first try opening each of the Print Posting Journal processes (for Time and then for Billing). Do you immediately get a message on the screen that there no posting sequences, or a message that there is nothing to print? Or do you see a range of one or more sequences, but when you click print then you get the message that there is nothing?

The first situation is that the posting journal has a file size greater than 0 bytes. The second situation is that the posting journal file is correctly 0 bytes, but the company data thinks there should be at least one sequence.

If you are running into the first situation, you can look for the data files TBPOSTT (Time) and TBPOSTB (Billing) in your data directory. If you fine either has a size greater than 0, but you cannot print it, then rename the file name (say put an x in front of it). Then re-load the data and try Year End again.

The second situation is usually solved by posting a new batch entry, even for 0.01, and thus something gets written to the posting journal. Then everything can be printed and purged as usual. This scenario is much more rare.

If any or all of this seems daunting, then your Adagio consultant would be happy to assist.

#52315 - 01/14/17 06:26 AM Re: Unable to run Period end processing>Year end [Re: Softrak Support]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Hi Softrak

FYI, I regularly run into the situation where I have to rename the TBPOST* files before performing year-end even though the posting journals are printed and cleared. So this is not an unusual occurrence.

Steve

#52320 - 01/16/17 08:26 AM Re: Unable to run Period end processing>Year end [Re: Steve Schwartz]
200Partnership Offline
Stranger

That worked, thanks so much!

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 82 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18