Topic Options
#44177 - 01/15/15 12:43 PM NAS rather than MS Server
Robert Larson Offline
Adagio Enthusiast

Loc: SF CA
In October last year we moved our Accpac/Adagio programs and data from our old Server 2003 to a Synology NAS (Network Attached Storage). This has worked great all these months.

Now I'm ready to retire our Accpac legacy programs, replace them with Adagio, and update our existing Adagio programs. As a first step I tried to install Gridview to make sure it will do what we need (pretty sure it will), but I have found that I cannot install Adagio modules to the NAS.

I get an error that the installation cannot open a required file. The error reads as follows:

The file "I:\SOFTRAK\SYSTEM\REGSSI32.DLL" could not be opened. Please check that your disk is not full and that you have access to the destination directory. Access is denied.

I've tried to delete (copies made) that file, but get the same error with a different file. I kept trying to install and delete files -- in the end I had about ten files I deleted, and the install went fine until it finally stopped when trying to work on a file it had just installed itself.

The latest attempt was to install in a brand new directory on the NAS for the Softrak programs. Same problem as before

I have full rights, but something is going on. In the end I may need to head to a MS server, but would prefer not.

I know the NAS is not a supported platform, but also know others work with them. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Robert

#47089 - 09/03/15 01:39 PM Re: NAS rather than MS Server [Re: Robert Larson]
Warren Karges Offline

Loc: Waterloo, Ontario
I am also experiencing this issue while trying to install GL 9.2A 150903 on top of GL 9.0B on a synology NAS. Very interested to know how this situation developed or if anyone else has advice on the subject.

Users and administrators have full rights to the entire share that the softrak directory is in (according to both windows and the Diskstation manager that the NAS uses) but the installer complains about not being able to access the .CHM type files and moves on to getting stuck on wksetup.exe once they are removed prior to installation.

I've tried installing with the norton anti-virus completely disabled, switching from mapped drive locations to UNC locations, using the /linux parameter with the installation file, and all of those things combined but nothing has had any effect.

#47355 - 09/23/15 12:28 PM Re: NAS rather than MS Server [Re: Warren Karges]
Warren Karges Offline

Loc: Waterloo, Ontario
To follow up, we were eventually able to make GL 9.2A run on the NAS by disconnecting the mapped drive, using the mapped drive letter for a temporary location outside the NAS to install to, then copying the files over onto the NAS and re-establishing the original mapped drive connection. Not pretty, but there were no other options that I could see which didn't involve replacing the NAS.

Some system file edits were required to fix the UNC path, but once the process was completed the program is up and running. The site is GL-only, so keep in mind that the process could have been more complicated with more than one active module in the system.

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18