Topic Options
#22542 - 06/02/10 11:50 AM MAPI Email Test Error
Phil M Offline
Adagio Fan

I recently upgraded my system to Windows 7 and reinstalled my Adagio programs on that system. I am now attempting to send invoices after setting the output email method to MAPI (as before) but when I click the Test Email button I now receive an error message that says "There was an error during the test email procedure".

If I now attempt to send invoices using the email procedure in Adagio Invoices the program goes through the motions as if everything is working but none of the emails are actually sent.

Thanks,
~ Phil

p.s.
If I change the output method to Direct everything works properly but I'm a big fan of having those emails in my Sent Items folder "just in case", so I'm hoping someone can direct me to a fix for the MAPI method.

p.p.s.
I see that this forum has 5 Spiders online listed in the Who's Online box. Any cause for concern?

#22543 - 06/02/10 12:00 PM Re: MAPI Email Test Error [Re: Phil M]
Phil M Offline
Adagio Fan

Further to my previous post regarding email problems from Invoices I decided to send this batch of emails using the Direct method while we figure out what is happening with MAPI, and that worked fine.

However, I noticed that the printout sent out as a PDF attachment to the email cuts off the top 1/2 inch of the document so that the From address is chopped off at the top, and so is the top half of word Invoice, which normally appears at the top of our invoice document.

#22544 - 06/02/10 12:07 PM Re: MAPI Email Test Error [Re: Phil M]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Phil,

Here is a link to the Windows 7 compatibility page on our website.

Important text from this page for you:
Emailing via MAPI is not supported on Windows 7 at this time. Emailing via Direct (SMTP) must be used instead. Future releases will support MAPI on Windows 7.

As for the PDF getting chopped, you may need to check your Windows regional settings and change the Unicode to English US or English Canada - change to the one it is not - because specs look at this setting and if not the same as from the machine on which it was saved, the display gets moved up and to the right.

#22580 - 06/04/10 04:19 PM Re: MAPI Email Test Error [Re: Softrak Support]
Phil M Offline
Adagio Fan

As it turned out changing the Language setting didn't fix the printing problem I was experiencing of the top of the invoice being `chopped off`. Instead, I had to move the fields placed near the top of the invoice down just a bit, and that caused the program to relocate them to their proper spots.

I moved the fields at the top down about 1/4" and the resulting PDF printout moved them a full 3/4", placing them very close to where they should have been (about a 1/4" lower than before).

Thanks,
~ Phil

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 98 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18