Topic Options
#18899 - 09/29/09 04:38 PM Adagio Invoice Designer
chinmook Offline
Edward Chris Chin-Mook

Loc: Jamaica
Dear Team,
Got a quick one for you.
I would like to print Adagio Invoices formatted for a summary invoice based on (Category Codes). Client is a hospital and the detail invoice would not be appropriate unless requested. Thus my need for your guidance.

I have examples of the detail spec which I will configure but no example of a ((summary)).

Can you lend a hand.

Thanks in advance.
876-754-5513

#18900 - 09/29/09 07:31 PM Re: Adagio Invoice Designer [Re: chinmook]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Hi chinmook

That is hardly a quick one. You didn't even mention which module they are using - there are three that use an Adagio Invoice Designer - OrderEntry, Invoices and Time&Billing.

It sounds to me like Time&Billing would be most appropriate in this case, since it can easily summarize disbursement codes (what you call category codes) on an Invoice. The other two can't. But maybe your client already owns one of the other ones.

So please fill us in with more detail about what the client is using and what you are trying to accomplish. For example, when you mention Category Codes, are your referring to categories in Inventory? Those categories have nothing to do with invoice design.

Steve

#18907 - 09/30/09 08:42 AM Re: Adagio Invoice Designer [Re: Steve Schwartz]
chinmook Offline
Edward Chris Chin-Mook

So Sorry for incomplete information.

Module seeking help : Adagio Invoices 8.1B
Under Maintenance I pull up : Adagio Invoice Designer

I also have Inventory - Purchase Orders-AP-AR-GL-Bank Rec.
The full suite.

My client will be invoicing from both(inventory items) and (Non Inventory Items-services. Major selling point was the integration of all accounting functions into one robust ERP system, migrating from Accpac Plus and a Customized Application.

-

The problem is that upon a patient leaving we do not want to present a 100 page invoice with every detail but a consolidated invoice according to the Category Code in Inventory.

Only for insurance or any other purposes the detail version would be presented upon request.

At this moment, being a new client who I have pitched this magnificent product it would be a pity to have to tell them that the printing specification can not do what they want.

Help please.
876-754-5513

#18908 - 09/30/09 08:55 AM Re: Adagio Invoice Designer [Re: chinmook]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
You may be able to do this - here is something to try:

- The items have to be entered into the invoice in the order that you want them to be sorted, ie by category. Adagio Invoices cannot group and re-sort invoice details but instead prints them in the order they are entered.

- Create an 'item' in Adagio Invoices that is used for subtotalling. Look at the second 'Options' tab to determine if the subtotals are running or sectional - I assume you want totals by category, so set all of the 'Clear Subtotals' choices.

- This subtotal 'item' would be inserted onto the invoice after the last item of a particular category. Thus a subtotal could print for all items above it, then reset for the next group of items.

- This subtotal 'item' would need it's own style code and section on the specification.

- Here's the key whether this will work or not. Your summary invoice still needs all of the style codes for items that appear on the invoice (otherwise errors will appear). But these detail sections should not have any information and have a section height of zero. Thus the only detail sections that will print are the subtotal 'items', or your summaries.

#18909 - 09/30/09 09:14 AM Re: Adagio Invoice Designer [Re: Softrak Support]
chinmook Offline
Edward Chris Chin-Mook

- You are using jargon which I am not familiar as yet.
-Need technical Manual for Adagio Invoice Designer
First Installation- (( Just getting my feet wet.))

- The environment is a HOSPITAL.
Data entry clerks enter docket information daily no control over order, nor duration of stay but inventory must be updated in real time for obvious reasons.

- I also bought Crystal Reports ...is this my solution for now ?
876-754-5513

#18922 - 09/30/09 11:03 AM Re: Adagio Invoice Designer [Re: chinmook]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi chinmook,

Items can be 'inserted' on an invoice - one doesn't always have to add items to the end of the list. If it is appropriate for the entry clerk to insert new items to the correct part of the detail list, this is still doable.

If you wish to use the Invoice Designer, it is better to start with a sample and make changes, rather than start from scratch. If some of the terms such as 'style codes' or 'detail sections' are a bit confusing, it's probably good to take a look at the Invoices and Fundamentals manuals for more information.

It may be required after all to create a Crystal Report to print out the invoice and summarize by the category or other particular information, if there is no guarantee to the sequence of details on an invoice.

Also just so you know, Adagio Invoices is not 'live' into Inventory for quantities on hand. After invoices are posted, one must go into Adagio Inventory and run the Import Shipments function in order to update the quantities for Inventory stock items.

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18