Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#16673 - 04/06/09 05:26 PM OE Tax Groups - Warning! Changes cannot be saved..
SusanTennier Offline
Adagio Maestro

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I want to edit the Tax Groups in OE but it keeps giving me a message that says, "Warning! Changes cannot be saved prior to dayend." I already ran OE/Order Entry/Day End Processing. Also printed and cleared the Invoice and Credit Note audit list. I even tried printing and clearning the AR Invoice Posting Journal and the Cash Posting Journal. Then I tried printing and clearing the Inventory Adjustment and Stock Transfer Audit Lists. Still getting the same error message. What do I have to do to get OE to allow me to edit the Tax Groups??

#16674 - 04/06/09 05:34 PM Re: OE Tax Groups - Warning! Changes cannot be saved.. [Re: SusanTennier]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
The Tax Summary and Tax Tracking reports in OE, after Day End is run.

Here is a technical tip on the Softrak website on how to change sales tax rates in different Adagio programs:
Changing Sales Tax Rates

You may want to make a copy of the 'old' tax table in case you need to issue a credit note against an invoice and calculate taxes as they were then, as opposed to now.

#16679 - 04/06/09 08:12 PM Re: OE Tax Groups - Warning! Changes cannot be saved.. [Re: Softrak Support]
SusanTennier Offline
Adagio Maestro

Hi Softrak Support,

I followed the instructions exactly:

Adagio OrderEntry

1. Run dayend

2. Print and purge the Tax Summary report

3. Edit the tax groups

Select the tax group to be edited
Select the jurisdiction
Change the tax rate

It still gives me the same error and I am unable to edit the tax groups. I not only did a day end.. but month end.. and even a year end. I also printed and purged the tax summary report. It's not working. What is wrong here?

#16680 - 04/06/09 08:19 PM Re: OE Tax Groups - Warning! Changes cannot be saved.. [Re: SusanTennier]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Hi Susan

California's sales tax rates changed effective last week, and I had the same exact problem you did. There is something wrong with the program.

If you still have a copy of ACCPAC Plus Order Entry lying around, make the change there. It works there.

In the meantime, Softrak will have to figure out why Adagio is complaining when all the hoops have been jumped through.

Steve

#16681 - 04/07/09 10:21 AM Re: OE Tax Groups - Warning! Changes cannot be saved.. [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Dayend in Adagio OrderEntry is date sensitive. Check your Invoices list to see if you have future dated Invoices. If they have not been costed, you will not be able to change the Tax rates.

You can use the Smartfinder to search for any Invoices with the ‘Costed Status’ set to No.

#16682 - 04/07/09 10:38 AM Re: OE Tax Groups - Warning! Changes cannot be saved.. [Re: Softrak Support]
SusanTennier Offline
Adagio Maestro

I have 2 Invoices dated June 30 2020 that I am unable to remove from our system with Costed Status "NO". They were entered in error probaby 5 years ago in AccPac. I have since set those customers up with new accounts. Since there is no way in Adagio to get rid of those Invoices dated in 2020 I suppose I won't be able to edit my tax groups until 2020? Please let me know how to resolve this.

#16683 - 04/07/09 10:47 AM Re: OE Tax Groups - Warning! Changes cannot be saved.. [Re: SusanTennier]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

You can set the date of the Dayend.

The first field displayed in Dayend is: Process all documents on or before. Set the date to 2020 to process the Invoices.

#16692 - 04/07/09 07:48 PM Re: OE Tax Groups - Warning! Changes cannot be saved.. [Re: Softrak Support]
SusanTennier Offline
Adagio Maestro

I did what you said here and set the date to 2020 on "Process all documents on or before in OE Dayend" and I have now lost all of my data for our entire business. I have only 12 invoices in OE for all of 2009. Evertyhing else is gone. I will try and restore from our DataCare back up that was done just prior to this.

#16693 - 04/07/09 08:28 PM Re: OE Tax Groups - Warning! Changes cannot be saved.. [Re: SusanTennier]
SusanTennier Offline
Adagio Maestro

The restore worked. Our data is back. Of course we still can't edit the Tax Groups. I've moved on to using non-stock item codes to deal with the Ontario ECO tax. Harmonized tax is coming soon and I will need to edit the Tax Groups without losing all my data. Please advise.

#16694 - 04/07/09 08:55 PM Re: OE Tax Groups - Warning! Changes cannot be saved.. [Re: SusanTennier]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Hi Susan

Do you have a ACCPAC Plus or do you use a consultant that has ACCPAC Plus? As I said above, it is not as picky as Adagio OE about future dated invoices, and you can edit the tax tables there - they will be changed in Adagio automatically.

What concerns might you have about doing it that way?

Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18