Topic Options
#11737 - 03/11/08 12:59 PM Upgrading to latest versions/Still running AccPac
Liz_C Offline
Adagio Fan

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Hi again,

We are currently running AccPac Plus DOS and Adagio simulaneously. We are taking baby steps. We are also running SuperClerk DOS as our point of sales program. What effect, if any, would upgrading all of our modules to the current versions have on our existing AccPac data? We are currently using versions 8.0A on OE, AR, Payables, Invoices, Inventory,& Sales Analysis, ver. 8.0D on Ledger, 8.0C on Multicurrency, and 8.0E on Gridview.
I don't want to perform the upgrades if we won't be able to keep using our AccPac Plus & Superclerk.

Thanks in advance.
Liz

#11738 - 03/11/08 01:26 PM Re: Upgrading to latest versions/Still running AccPac [Re: Liz_C]
Ralph Allan Offline
Adagio Virtuoso

Loc: Prince George BC
First, bear in mind that all the "legacy" software products you are clinging to are discontinued and have no formal support. If something goes wrong (see Murphy's Law ) you are very much on your own.

That said, they only thing that I can see that you would lose going exclusively to the Adagio products you list is the Purchase order function in ACCPAC Plus IC 6.5.

I am assuming that you opted (IMHO, foolishly) not to subscribe to the upgrades plans for Adagio since the version numbers you list a several versions back of current. They too will soon find limited support.

Using dated software for a transition period is reasonable. But you, and everyone elso in the organization, needs to be clear that this will end, and you will be using the new, modern, supported products -- or pencil and paper.

#11747 - 03/11/08 06:18 PM Re: Upgrading to latest versions/Still running AccPac [Re: Liz_C]
Bruce Gardner Offline
Adagio Wizard

Loc: Toronto ON, Canada
Hello Liz:

The current Adagio versions are almost exclusively version 8.1. You haven't mentioned your ACCPAC Plus versions or how you handle P/O's.

The following modules can be upgraded without affecting ACCPAC Plus because they are already exclusively in the Adagio world.
-Invoices
-Sales Analysis
-GridView
-Multicurrency
-Lanpaks

The following modules are compatible with ACCPAC Plus as follows:
-OE 8.1A [ACCPAC Plus 6.1B, 6.5A]
-IC 8.1A [ACCPAC Plus 6.5A]
-AR 8.1A [ACCPAC Plus 6.1A, 6.5A]
-AP 8.1A [ACCPAC Plus 6.1B, 6.5A]

General Ledger is now at version 9.0. It is NOT compatible with ACCPAC Plus GL. This is actually an advantage because it offers some really great features. Note that Ledger 9.0 will retrieve transactions from Adagio 8.0/8.1 and ACCPAC Plus subledgers.

Maybe someone else can answer the SuperClerk question.

#11753 - 03/11/08 08:24 PM Re: Upgrading to latest versions/Still running AccPac [Re: Bruce Gardner]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Hi Liz

Regarding Superclerk, the only possible conflict that I can think of between it and Adagio is that it writes to the older version of the Inventory History file. But I believe that Adagio Inventory will convert that older file version to the current version on the fly.

On a test set of data, you would want to process one transaction in Superclerk, run Dayend Processing, including printing and purging the dayend reports, and see if the transaction appears under the Transactions tab of Item Inquiry in Adagio Inventory 8.1A. If it does, then I feel confident in stating that you can upgrade Adagio without worrying about the impact on Superclerk.

Steve

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18