Topic Options
#60550 - 04/10/19 03:59 PM Printing labels for retail store
CRR Offline
Adagio Buff

Loc: WA
We are a retail store and use Adagio as Point of Sale. We print labels for some items such as clothing. We currently use a Panasonic dotmatrix printer. Does anyone else use Adagio for POS and print labels that may have a different way to print the labels (anywhere from 3-100 per receipt)?

I have spoken to our rep and he didn't have any suggesstions as what to change to, nor can he fix the current problem we have when printing the labels.

The problem I am having is that it currently prints 9 labels and then skips a bunch. I have to count the labels and reset the printer by moving the dial when printing more than 9 labels at a time. This is cumbersome. I am hoping that another retail store uses adagio that prints labels and can provide some help.

Janie
Cowlitz River Rigging

#60551 - 04/10/19 05:02 PM Re: Printing labels for retail store [Re: CRR]
Douglas Dickie Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Janie:

Which Adagio module you using for POS.

What type of labels are you printing and from which module? Sounds like inventory labels.

Label size? What is pre-printed on them?

Why are you still using a DOT Matrix printer? A purpose built label printer is much easier to configure and support.
ddickie@accsyssolutions.com

#60562 - 04/11/19 11:21 AM Re: Printing labels for retail store [Re: Douglas Dickie]
CRR Offline
Adagio Buff

Douglas,

We are using Order Entry as a point of sales program (we have both daily cash customers and revolving account customers).

I print my labels from PO's under Reports ~ Print Documents. The system was already in place when I started working here. An update was done a few years ago and that is when it changed. I guess it has something to do with the printer drivers or something like that. I spoke with Ray from Accountable Accounting and he was able to help me figure out what we need to do to be able to print my item labels.

Thanks for the help.
Janie
Cowlitz River Rigging

#60565 - 04/11/19 01:15 PM Re: Printing labels for retail store [Re: CRR]
Brian Stief Offline
Waterloo Guy

Loc: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Hi Janie,
If you ever want to consider an upgrade for your POS with Order Entry, we would recommend MyPOS for Adagio as a solution.

I wouldn't upgrade for just the ability to print your labels and no we cannot print to Dot Matrix (nor should you be printing to Dot Matrix for practical purposes), but MyPOS for Adagio is a very cool solution that can do your cash customers with pickup details and scanning items at a register location, in addition to processing all items on an Adagio invoices with a single scan of the invoice #.

Food for thought, in case you ever wanted to upgrade. And it works with all of your existing Adagio modules, with nightly unattended processing to interface the data.

Best,
Brian

#60567 - 04/11/19 01:39 PM Re: Printing labels for retail store [Re: Brian Stief]
CRR Offline
Adagio Buff

Brian,

Let me see if I am reading this correctly.

Use MyPOS for our daily cash customers and use Order Entry for our revolving account customers? We currently process Day End every morning before the store opens, would using the 2 programs give us a daily total sales combined whether the sales were on account or cash?

We use Adagio because it does almost everything from the accounting end to selling our merchandise. The program works well for us, (would like to be able to use barcode scanning).

Is there any other way to make labels for merchandise without printing our whole inventory count? I know I could send it to excel and that may have to be an option. It's just nice to be able to go to Purchase Orders, Reports, Print Labels and print from there the items I received in on specific Purchase Orders.

Can use all the help I can get.

Thank You,
Janie

#60568 - 04/11/19 02:17 PM Re: Printing labels for retail store [Re: CRR]
billythekidfan Offline
Adagio Enthusiast

Loc: Surrey, BC CANADA
There is a POS system built in Adagio code and integrates seamlessly with Inventory Control and other Adagio modules. It is written by Bob Wisener and I have it in several retail stores at present and it works perfectly. You can talk to Ledgerwood about it if you wish to move to a true POS system.

#60595 - 04/15/19 05:44 PM Re: Printing labels for retail store [Re: billythekidfan]
Terry Pennock Offline
Terry

Loc: Campbell River, BC
Hi Janie,

You can use LabelPrint to print inventory Labels.and print labels for any item in inventory or for a range of items. If you are using a purchasing program, you can print labels for all recently received items.You can print items using inventory history so you could print labels for all items received over a date range.You can use a label printer or sheet printer and if you have a windows driver for your dot matrix you should be able to use it as well. If you have a laser or inkjet printer, you can print one or more labels on a sheet. When some labels on a sheet have already been used,you can skip over the used spaces and start printing on the first label available on the sheet.

A fully functional demo can be installed for you to try with your existing data or we are happy to do an online webinar at a mutually convenient time.
terry@islandmicro.com
www.islandmicro.com

IMS Applications:
CounterSales . JobTracker . POTracker . LabelPrint . LotTracker . SerialTracker . IMScheduler . ReportGen
JobTracker can now use ServiceTracker to track jobs performed on Equipment and Machines.

Call for more information on our applications or to arrange a Demo.

#60664 - 04/19/19 06:23 PM Re: Printing labels for retail store [Re: Terry Pennock]
Brian Stief Offline
Waterloo Guy

Loc: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Hi Janie,

For clarification, there are currently 3 Point of Sale solutions that work with Adagio.

Link2Systems - MyPOS for Adagio (operational) for over 16 months, and was the successor to Link2MyPOS that we have been running with total integration to Adagio for over 6 years.

CounterSales by IMS, that Terry has responded to your threads, and has been integrating to Adagio for over 15 years.

And Dakota's Adagio POS that has been operational for about the same time as our Link2Systems - MyPOS for Adagio.

No offence, but these are all real POS systems that integrate to Adagio. Some have stonger strengths in some areas. We can advise on your options depending on your needs.

We designed and built MyPOS for Adagio to work with Adagio with nightly integration to Order Entry, Inventory, Receivables, and Sales Analysis. And it works well.

Your OE transactions and POS transactions feed into a consolidated Adagio Sales Analysis.

We also designed Purchase Orders for Adagio, so we do understand the distribution systems flow requirements.

You can print your labels for selected items as you have described.

Please call me. Ledgerwood's client base and support merged with Stief Group last year, and we are continuing to support coast to coast, including Hawaii. Anchorage to Barbados.

Best,
Brian

Moderator:  Softrak Support 
Who's Online
1 registered (rah), 98 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1846 Members
5 Forums
14230 Topics
69689 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20