Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#60283 - 03/06/19 10:09 AM Re: SSIQBACK.DLL is getting deleted [Re: Retired_Guy]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi, All,

One of your counterparts has reported the issue to Microsoft, as they are the developer of Defender, this morning.

May take a while but once they make the change, usually the other AV s/w developers follow suit shortly thereafter.

Unfortunately, different environments often require variations in the procedure to resolve an issue. Having reported the problem to the developer will ultimately be what resolves it.

Thanks for the added information, Dan.

Edited by Softrak Support (03/06/19 10:13 AM)
Edit Reason: added text

#60288 - 03/06/19 11:54 AM Re: SSIQBACK.DLL is getting deleted [Re: Softrak Support]
MER Offline
Adagio Scholar

Loc: Ontario
I am also having this issue. Bitdefender is our antivirus software. Yesterday I had two trojan virus notices. They were in quarantine and I deleted the file without noting the name of the deleted file. After that I could no longer do Adagio backups, getting the error message “Adagio Backup DLL not found. Unable to do backup.”

I cannot get the DLL file back as I cannot reinstall the last service packs because when I go online to try to get the file the link where I am to input my email address doesn’t work. Since I can’t put my email address in I can’t get the file to download it. (I have an email and a call in to Customer Service about the email link.)

Can someone assist me in getting the last service packs for Ledger, AP & BR, and then I can re-install them and then get our IT guy to figure out what to do with all the info above about exclusions etc?

#60290 - 03/06/19 12:06 PM Re: SSIQBACK.DLL is getting deleted [Re: Ken A.]
GT Offline
Adagio Virtuoso

Loc: Antigua
Hi Support,

I have just encountered the issue and thought it could be due to upgrades not being executed. As a client had the issue and I was already schedule to do their upgrades and thus after they were executed the issue stopped.

But just got a call from another client who had their upgrades done weeks ago and this issue has suddenly presented itself. I will try the AV solution at that site and see what happens.

#60326 - 03/11/19 07:01 AM Re: SSIQBACK.DLL is getting deleted [Re: GT]
Bruce Gardner Offline
Adagio Wizard

Loc: Toronto ON, Canada
Hi Support:

Among users that reported this problem to me last week, most lacked the internal resources or the willingness to involve their external IT support firm to fix the problem. They decided to wait out the problem and then to replace the missing SSIQBACK.dll.

Question: How will we know when the false positive reading has stopped occurring and it's safe to go back into the water?

#60327 - 03/11/19 07:51 AM Re: SSIQBACK.DLL is getting deleted [Re: Bruce Gardner]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hi Bruce,

Without trying to sound flippant, you'll know when one of your clients with the necessary IT resources lets you know that the issue has been resolved, or someone posts in whatever thread has been created on this forum.

#60328 - 03/11/19 08:06 AM Re: SSIQBACK.DLL is getting deleted [Re: Bruce Gardner]
Jesse_Gilbert Offline
Adagio Guru

Loc: Thunder Bay, ON
Bruce I don't trust the AV resolutions personally, they'll fix this specific error but a week from now another update will flag another file and start the headache again. I've taken this as a good opportunity to exclude the Softrak folder from AV scans (as Andrew suggested in this thread). I've moved many sites to this setup and am only seeing those that have yet to see the setting migration call with issues relating this this misidentification. It comes with the added bonus of allowing for better network performance for clients with older/slower networks.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
1 registered (Howard S.-MMA), 24 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1850 Members
5 Forums
14284 Topics
69895 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20