Topic Options
#25641 - 01/05/11 11:15 AM Custom Reports
Yann Offline
Adagio Scholar

Loc: BC, Canada
Hi,

Our controller has noticed that since our last Receivables Update (We are at 9.0B) the custom reports folder no longer appears under the reports menu.

I have checked and the CUSTOMRP folder still exists under the receivables folder.

If anyone has any insight on this I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks
Yann

#25642 - 01/05/11 11:34 AM Re: Custom Reports [Re: Yann]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
I am able to see and use custom Crystal reports from the 'Custom reports' menu in Adagio Receivables 9.0B. Here are a few reasons why it may not work:

1) There are no reports in the \customrp directory. It is not enough to create the customrp directory to get the Custom Reports menu item to appear. There actually has to be at least one report in the folder. It may be that the folder is empty.

2) Crystal Reports for Adagio is not registered. If Crystal Reports is not registered with Softrak, or the required files and/or Windows Registry settings are invisible to the user of the workstation, then CustomRP will either not appear or not be usable. Since you had used Custom Reports in the past, I suspect that non-registration is not the issue, but perhaps if you have done anything else such as move to a new server or have a new user/workstation, then prior setup may have been lost.

3) The Adagio user does not have security rights to any custom reports. The Custom reports menu appears only if at least one report is recognized, as per #1 above. In addition, sub-folders named the same as Adagio security groups can be created so that particular (or all) custom reports are only available to some Adagio users but not others. For example, a \softrak\receivables\customrp\admin directory could contain report files accessible only to users assigned to the Adagio security group ADMIN. Perhaps all of your report are in sub-folders such as these, and the user in Adagio Receivables has a group without any reports to see.

You probably should be in contact with your Adagio consultant if the problem is not resolved from steps above.

#25645 - 01/05/11 11:44 AM Re: Custom Reports [Re: Softrak Support]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Also, what version of Crystal Reports for Adagio do you have (8.5A or 8.5B) and what version of Windows do you have? The older version of Crystal Reports 8.5A is not compatible with Windows Vista or Windows 7, meaning Custom Reports will not appear on workstations with those version of Windows.

An upgrade to Crystal Reports 8.5B supports compatibility with these versions of Windows. Perhaps you don't have this upgrade installed, and putting it in will solve the problem.

#25653 - 01/05/11 03:10 PM Re: Custom Reports [Re: Softrak Support]
Yann Offline
Adagio Scholar

Loc: BC, Canada
Thanks for the replies.

I updated the Crystal Reports Install on our server to the 8.5B and it solved the issue.
We are in fact using Windows 7 on a lot of our machines and it must have been part of the reason behind the problem.

Thanks
Yann

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18