Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#22335 - 05/17/10 01:53 PM Upgrade guide
JohnK Offline
Adagio Maven

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Good day to you,

We have the following releases installed with about lanpacks for good for 5 users.

Adagio Invoices – 8.0A (061101)
Adagio Receivables – 8.0B (061213)
Adagio Ledger – 8.0D (061013)
Adagio Payables – 8.0A (060626)

We have finally upgraded our network and exchange servers and now I can finally turn my attention to Adagio - something which is long overdue!

Is there an upgrade guide somewhere?

In these days of taught belts I am trying to keep support hours down.

Thanks in advance!

#22336 - 05/17/10 02:22 PM Re: Upgrade guide [Re: JohnK]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
The Release Notes for each of the modules (and their upgrades) generally describe what has changed and things to look out for.

However, there are enormous changes between AR 8.0B and 9.0A, and Ledger 8.0D and 9.0C, so I wouldn't recommend trying to do these upgrades on your own.

For a taste of the changes, you could copy your data to a local drive, install the upgrades locally and convert the data, then make sure that everything is still working the way you expect (especially forms such as statements and invoices).

You have a bit of reading ahead of you.

#22416 - 05/21/10 10:24 AM Re: Upgrade guide [Re: Retired_Guy]
JohnK Offline
Adagio Maven

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have read my way through the fundamentals and have proceeded to do a local installation - the goal being to work my way through the problems and changes etc that we would be looking at.

I uninstalled all the previous stuff on my local computer gave my computer a boot and then installed Ledger 9.0...

I pointed the installation to my local drive and fired it up only to find it was talking about 0 lanpacks ...

So, I went through the registration process but alas I still cannot ruin this test bed..

I have the weekend to work my way through the actual data and as such any help in getting me going would be very much appreciated.

Thank and,

Cheers, JK

#22419 - 05/21/10 10:38 AM Re: Upgrade guide [Re: JohnK]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi, John,

If you are installing on a local workstation to test a new product only with a copy of your data, you shouldn't require lanpaks as you will be running locally and will be the only user running a module.

Are you saying you cannot get into Ledger 9 at all? Do you receive any error message(s)? If so, please provide the complete error message. As well, exactly when does the error occur (eg. before or after you get to a logon screen or when you click Open)?

#22424 - 05/21/10 11:42 AM Re: Upgrade guide [Re: Softrak Support]
JohnK Offline
Adagio Maven

Thank you for posting up!

The exact error message is: All Adagio Lanpak Licenses (0) are already in use. This application cannot be started.

Cheers, JK

#22425 - 05/21/10 11:52 AM Re: Upgrade guide [Re: JohnK]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Hi John,

Adagio does not require a Lanpak for the first time you start any Adagio program. Attempting to get a second user into the same program, or attempting to start a second instance of the same program on the workstation, will require a lanpak license.

If you don't have any Lanpaks installed, then you should be able to start Adagio Ledger or any other program once. If you cannot, then the system thinks that you already have the program open and are trying to open it a second time.

If you do have Lanpaks installed, they may be too old. Adagio Ledger 90A requires a certain minimum version of a Lanpak and yours may be older. Run the ChkSys.exe utility from the \softrak\system directory and when the initial check has been performed, click the Lanpak Status button to see which Lanpak versions (if any) you have installed. The error message you posted indicated that either none are installed or they are too old to be recognized.

Ensure your shortcut is pointing to the correct program directory. If it was installed locally, it probably will be in the C:\softrak\ledger folder and the program name is ledger.exe. This is different than older versions of Ledger where the directory and program name was alwin.

#22426 - 05/21/10 12:51 PM Re: Upgrade guide [Re: Softrak Support]
Douglas Dickie Offline
Adagio God

John:

I've seen this once before under simular circumstances. We never did figure out what was going on. In that case they were just trying to us a copy of the existing program and data to do some testing so I suggested that they just use the regular ADagio install on the database copy.

In your case you want a local install of the upgrades so this is not going to solve your problem. My best guess is that this issue has something to do with the fact that Adagio sees both the regular install of Adagio on the server and the local install, causing confusion over where it should be looking for the lanpak's.

Best suggestion I can make is to find a standalone workstation that's never seen Adagio before. Install the current versions there and do your testing,etc.
ddickie@accsyssolutions.com

#22427 - 05/21/10 01:05 PM Re: Upgrade guide [Re: Douglas Dickie]
JohnK Offline
Adagio Maven

Hi Tech support,
Hi Doug,

Doug, what you say rings a bell in my ear.

I will proceed on that path and post up.

Cheers, JK

#22431 - 05/21/10 01:35 PM Re: Upgrade guide [Re: JohnK]
JohnK Offline
Adagio Maven

Hi Doug,

I just rolled out Ledger to a pristine computer and got the exact same result.

Oddly enough, the installer found the network instllation M:\softrak!

So, my guess is that this has to be rolled out to a stand alone computer not connected to the lan ...

Cheers, JK

#22432 - 05/21/10 01:38 PM Re: Upgrade guide [Re: JohnK]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

By default, Adagio will select a network drive if one is found.

If you choose to do a 'Custom' install instead of a 'Standard' install, then you can pick the location of the programs. You don't have to disconnect a workstation from the LAN.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1847 Members
5 Forums
14236 Topics
69711 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20