Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#21136 - 02/26/10 07:29 AM Workstation Install
Yann Offline
Adagio Scholar

Loc: BC, Canada
Hi I'm having some issues installing Adagio (Any Module) on my workstations. I thought it might have been a Windows 7 issue but I tried on a Windows XP SP2 computer and I'm getting the same errors.

I have run the CheckSys and it found some problems to do with QRTABLES. I have attached the LOG from CheckSys and the screen shots of some the errors I'm getting.

The only module that seem to install properly is the Grid View and it always stalls on OLEDB.

Hope someone can help.
Yann

Attachments
Adagio Error.jpg (402 downloads)
Ledger Error.jpg (390 downloads)
Payable Error.jpg (393 downloads)
Receivable Error.jpg (360 downloads)
QRTABLES Issues.txt (567 downloads)

#21137 - 02/26/10 08:23 AM Re: Workstation Install [Re: Yann]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
If you are installing Adagio on a new workstation, you must make sure that the drive mappings for the workstation are the same as the others. The directory \QRASP (the report tables folder) must exist under the root directory of the same drive letter on all Adagio workstations.

#21141 - 02/26/10 08:49 AM Re: Workstation Install [Re: Retired_Guy]
Yann Offline
Adagio Scholar

Thanks Andrew. And it is. We use the letter G for the drive on all workstation. That drive is mapped to a Share on the server called Accpac.

Can you think of anything else?
Would you suggest to reinstall any of the Modules from scratch?

Thanks
Yann

Edited by Yann (02/26/10 09:32 AM)

#21149 - 02/26/10 10:08 AM Re: Workstation Install [Re: Yann]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Ensure that whoever is doing the installation has full rights to write to the \QRASP directory. The list of expected report tables is out of synch with what is found in the QRASP directory.

If the problem is that the qrtables.ini file is incomplete, the only solution is to reinstall the Adagio program.

You may need to location the 'Date Fixer' utility in case some system files have become mis-dated due to a known problem with MS Server.

#21150 - 02/26/10 10:26 AM Re: Workstation Install [Re: Softrak Support]
Yann Offline
Adagio Scholar

Thanks for the last post.

I am doing the install as the domain admin so I have full write to the location.

What is the Date Fixer?

Thanks
Yann

#21151 - 02/26/10 10:45 AM Re: Workstation Install [Re: Yann]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

The Date Fixer is a utility that determines whether your system files have the correct dates. Your Adagio consultant can assist you with this if re-installing does not help.

#21152 - 02/26/10 02:10 PM Re: Workstation Install [Re: Softrak Support]
Yann Offline
Adagio Scholar

Where should I start if I want to reinstall?
What is the first Module that I should start with?

I did GridView 9.0B this morning, without any issues.

Thanks
Yann

#21154 - 02/26/10 02:14 PM Re: Workstation Install [Re: Yann]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

The module you start with really doesn't matter. GridView doesn't use these tables so it will have no effect (positive or negative) on addressing this issue.

Perhaps try the most recent upgrade you have received. That would have system files with the newest dates.

#21155 - 02/26/10 02:18 PM Re: Workstation Install [Re: Yann]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Make sure that G:\QRASP exists and install Ledger, making sure that you specify that the report tables are on "G:".

#21179 - 03/01/10 10:55 AM Re: Workstation Install [Re: Retired_Guy]
Yann Offline
Adagio Scholar

We do have the G:\QRASP folder.

The last install I did was Crystal for Adagio.
It was a fresh install from my workstation, for my workstation. This might have to do with the problems I am having...

Crystal does work at the moment but I still have the age old issues where the LINKS between tables do not work properly... see attachment.

If reinstalling the Ledger, the Receivables and the Payables does not do it, I'm not sure what will.

It might be time to call our Adagio consultant...
Thanks for the help.
Yann

Attachments
Crystal 4 Adagio.jpg (379 downloads)

#21206 - 03/02/10 02:37 PM Re: Workstation Install [Re: Yann]
Yann Offline
Adagio Scholar

Hi Everyone,

I resolve the issue I was having so I thought I'd take a minute and post the solution to my problem.

After running into these issues with some of the INI files, I reinstall payables, then receivables, then ledger and the issue went away.

My Softrak consultant did say that it must have been caused by the Crystal install that I had done. The Crystal Install is quiet old and must have overwritten some newer files.

Anyway, the reinstall of each of the module was done from a workstation onto the Share on the server.

Thanks to everyone who helped.
Yann

#21207 - 03/02/10 02:41 PM Re: Workstation Install [Re: Yann]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Good to hear that things are working.

Indeed if Crystal Reports was installed, that would wipe out some settings and require re-installations of Adagio. Should you need to do re-installing (Crystal Reports) again, there are some steps that could be done to backup files prior to installing, and then restore after installing, to prevent what happened.

#21209 - 03/02/10 05:43 PM Re: Workstation Install [Re: Softrak Support]
Brian Puddington Offline
Adagio Ace

Loc: Montreal, Canada
Could you outline those steps please. I once discovered the hard way that installing Crystal requires a complete re-installation of Adagio. I would like to avoid this in the future.

#21210 - 03/02/10 06:14 PM Re: Workstation Install [Re: Softrak Support]
Bruce Gardner Offline
Adagio Wizard

Loc: Toronto ON, Canada
To take Brian's suggestion one step further, the process of installing Crystal Reports for Adagio (after the other modules) would make a good Tech Tip document for Partners.

#21224 - 03/03/10 08:12 AM Re: Workstation Install [Re: Bruce Gardner]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Sure, though they are rudimentary...

Backup the X:\qrasp folder to preserve links between Adagio Crystal tables installed by Adagio applications.
Also backup the C:\Windows\Crystal\p2irssi.cfg file which is used for database selection when creating custom reports.

After installing Crystal Reports, restore the saved QRASP folder and the p2irssi.cfg file as they have been overwritten.

We'll either update the existing 'Reinstalling an Adagio module' tech tip or create a new one.

#24637 - 10/25/10 11:47 AM Re: Workstation Install [Re: Yann]
CATHBAR Offline
Stranger

Loc: CANADA
Hi

I am having the same issue with a new user. What should I do to get this working?

I get an error when I am trying to print from any modelu \QRASP\qrtables.ini (the report tables folder)

Thanks

#24639 - 10/25/10 12:04 PM Re: Workstation Install [Re: CATHBAR]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Hi Cathbar,

Can you explain a little bit of the scenario that is causing this issue? How did you set up the new user for Adagio? How is this new user accessing Adagio programs - from the server or from their own workstation? What type of network are you using? Is Terminal Server part of your configuration? Did you install Crystal Reports, which was the cause of the original problem of this thread?

A new workstation should be able to 'see' the Adagio programs and data on the same mapped drive letter as all other users/workstations attached to the server. If not, the way network drives are mapped needs to be corrected.

Then the workstation setup needs to be run on a workstation for each Adagio program to be used. The easiest way is to run X:\softrak\allwkst\allwkst.exe from the new workstation (where X is the drive where Adagio programs are installed).

If the new user cannot access the report tables drive due to insufficient rights or incorrect mapping or installation, this could cause the problem you reported.

You may need to get your Adagio consultant involved as this type of question can prove to be difficult to answer over a support forum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18