Topic Options
#10895 - 01/18/08 06:56 PM Exporting Order?
Andre Kuehnemund Offline
Adagio Guru

Loc: Emeryville, CA U.S.A.
Hello!

I was asked by someone in my company if there is a way to export an order from Adagio into Excel or some other editable format. The reason why he is asking is that for international shipments we need to add some information for Customs to the order confirmation/picking slip. He currently uses the EXPORT function in ACCPAC PLUS ORDER ENTRY to export the order into an Excel file. He, then, adds whatever information it is he needs to add, prints it and includes it with the shipment.
Any idea of how we can do that in Adagio? Is there a specification for a Commercial Invoice in Adagio that we could use? How do others generate the required Customs documentation from Adagio?

#10896 - 01/18/08 07:20 PM Re: Exporting Order? [Re: Andre Kuehnemund]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hi Andrew,

What specific information do you need to add to an order? Could you use the custom fields available in Adagio? If so, then these could just be printed using a specific order confirmation or invoice format.

There is a composite view in GridView that links the order header and its associated lines. You could use that to export the order.

#10902 - 01/21/08 12:49 PM Re: Exporting Order? [Re: Retired_Guy]
Andre Kuehnemund Offline
Adagio Guru

Thanks, Andrew. I'll find out. It's basically information that needs to be added to a commercial invoice when you export something to another country (Canada, for instance). I don't know all the details, but there are harmonized codes and other stuff that's required. I had to ship a laptop to our Hong Kong office once and it was a pain to figure out all the information that's required.
I'm wondering if that's something that would be of benefit to a lot of your customers. The way I see it: A commercial invoice for exporting goods seems to be some type of standardized document - probably approved by some standards body like the WTO or something. So, whether I export something to Sudan, Malaysia or Ireland - a commercial invoice should look more or less look the same or at least contain the same information. (http://www.aw-wrdsmth.com/FAQ/US_Exporting_of_Goods-Services.html) If Softrak could add the necessary fields and templates for exporting goods - I think that would be a great thing. Just a thought...

Andre

#10925 - 01/23/08 10:13 AM Re: Exporting Order? [Re: Andre Kuehnemund]
Brian Stief Offline
Waterloo Guy

Loc: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Hi Andre,
We have recently integrated a module that does exactly what you are requesting. The product is Proship, by my partners at ECDynamics. The product handles domestic and international shipping transactions and reporting.

We take orders to be shipped from Adagio Order Entry, pull them into a selection screen, then allow you to put them on a truck for shipment (that you can select the line items for shipment), create a shipping manifest, a segregated Bill of Lading, a Consolidated Bill of Lading, a segregated Commercial Invoice for customs purposes (north bound and south bound), as well as NAFTA documentation.
All reports are customizable with tariff codes coming from either the additional line codes in IC, or using the optional fields in IC.

We handle skids and various packing requirements. A very robust shipping solution to eliminate the manual processing that plagues most importer/exporters.

And if your customs broker is signed up with Proship, with a click of a button, the entire shipment(s) for the day are submitted to US/CDN customs and cleared within minutes, without any faxing or rekeying of invoicing details.

We integrated this solution in our pilot site in Waterloo, Ontario, last July, and are starting to roll out to other sites in North America.

Please call me if you would like more details. Pricing is looking at the Adagio market.

Regards,

#10936 - 01/24/08 02:07 PM Re: Exporting Order? [Re: Brian Stief]
Andre Kuehnemund Offline
Adagio Guru

Hi Brian:

thanks for your reply! This sounds very cool. I'll keep it in mind for maybe sometime later this year. Our current timeline looks like this:

- We have switched to Adagio Sales Analysis and Payables
- We'll switch to Adagio OE, Inventory and Receivables on Feb 1
- We'll switch to Purplesoft PO in about a month or two (We already purchased a license)
- We'll switch to Adagio GL on July 1 (beginning of our next fiscal year)

Summer is generally much slower for us businesswise, so we'll try to fine tune our new system during that time. That's when, I think, we'll look at Proship. Until then, we'll probably try to utilize those custom fields, export them and somehow create the customs documents we need.

Regards,

Andre

-

#10939 - 01/24/08 02:37 PM Re: Exporting Order? [Re: Andre Kuehnemund]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Andre,

One note about Adagio GL (as you mentioned you hoped to make the switch at the beginning of the next fiscal year). If you made the switch before your fiscal year end, you can use Adagio Ledger 9.0A to open the next fiscal year before you officially close the current year. This means you can be working on both current and next year at the same time. This makes the process much easier than having to close the year before you can do any processing for the next year.

Thanks for using Adagio!

#10941 - 01/24/08 02:47 PM Re: Exporting Order? [Re: Andre Kuehnemund]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hi Andre,

I also have to ask - why wait so long to implement the GL? It's the easiest of the Adagio modules to do!

Also, make sure you implement the Ledger before the end of your year. Its "soft" year end and multiple years of history ease all the year-end pain in ACCPAC Plus.

#10949 - 01/25/08 02:30 PM Re: Exporting Order? [Re: Retired_Guy]
Andre Kuehnemund Offline
Adagio Guru

Hi guys:

I completely understand what you're saying - and I'm with you on this - but my boss (CFO) is so nervous about this whole migration that she does not want to migrate GL until after the end of the fiscal year. I have explained the advantages of migrating sooner to her multiple times, but she's just not comfortable with the idea - soft year ends or not. She knows ACCPAC. She's comfortable with it and is scared to death of migrating.
Our migrations of SR & AP have gone extremely well and I'm hoping things will go well with OE, IC and AR when we migrate those next Friday.
Maybe seeing all these smooth migrations will make her reconsider. I don't know. I have printed out what you guys wrote and gave it to to read. We'll see...

Have a great weekend!

Andre

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1846 Members
5 Forums
14230 Topics
69689 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20