Hi vegeetz,

Glad to read that your first impressions of Adagio are good - thanks for taking a look! I'll try to answer some of your questions as best as I can and perhaps some others may be able to also provide insight, especially those who don't work at Softrak and have a 'vested interest'.

1) We think Adagio is very stable - you don't require souped-up hardware to make it work. Whether or not DOS Accpac is stable or not in a particular environment doesn't really have much leading to whether Adagio will run smoothly.

2) At the current time, there are no immediate plans to change the database structure.

3) In the next release of Adagio Contacts, a quote system will be added that will retrieve Quote Master data and integrage with Adagio Order Entry. This is currently in development.

4) The entry model of Accpac Plus is very similar to Adagio, in regards to Day End / Month End / Year End. One main difference is with Adagio Ledger and year end, where Adagio allows you to open the next fiscal year before closing the current year - this was not possible with Accpac DOS GL.

5) Adagio has many different reporting tools"
- Crystal Reports for Adagio: A sophisticated reporting tool for simple and complex reports, with presentation quality, graphics and graphs/charts.
- Adagio GridView: A fast inquiry tool to find desired information, including printing and exporting to Excel.
- Adagio Sales Analysis: Integrates with Adagio Order Entry and Adagio Invoices to maintain historical sales data, allowing better collection of history for reporting.

6) There are 2 different purchase order solutions from 3rd party developers, depending on your requirements. Purchase Orders for Adagio is a very sophisticated and flexible solution similar to the product Inventory Receipts in the Accpac DOS world. PO Tracker is a simpler solution similar to the PO function that was part of Accpac DOS IC where requirements aren't as stringent.

7) I'd like to think that Adagio is around for the long haul. It has been shipping for over 8 years, with predecesors for over 13 years. Softrak has been in business for over 20 years. Other people may want to post their comments here as well.