Topic Options
#19302 - 10/30/09 08:31 AM OE Alternate Price List Code
Jim D Offline
Adagio Enthusiast

Loc: PA, USA
I am working on uploading Alternative Price Lists into OE.

Does the Price List Code need to be setup in advance of that import of the individual items?

If so, is there any way to import the Price List Codes specifically, since we have a ton of seperate mini price lists custom made for each customer, so I don't have to keypunch them first prior to the Price List import?

Thanks!

#19303 - 10/30/09 08:59 AM Re: OE Alternate Price List Code [Re: Jim D]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
There's an option on the import template as to whether addition of new records is permitted.

#19305 - 10/30/09 09:11 AM Re: OE Alternate Price List Code [Re: Retired_Guy]
Jim D Offline
Adagio Enthusiast

I did have that option checked but the import failed since it didn't find the Price List Code. It errored out.

Once I entered a Price List Code, the import worked fine and added the 7 items with special prices to the that particular Alt Price List.

I am just hopeful I don't have to keypunch all the Alt Price List Codes prior to doing the imports of the special price lists.

#19308 - 10/30/09 12:33 PM Re: OE Alternate Price List Code [Re: Jim D]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Though you can import 'alternate price list items', unfortuneately you cannot import the Price List codes to which alternative price list items are attached.

#19312 - 10/30/09 01:06 PM Re: OE Alternate Price List Code [Re: Softrak Support]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Hi Jim

I have tools that can build a Price List Code for you from an Excel or CSV file. It would need to be a two column file - the price list code itself and the description.

The tools I use are ACCPAC Plus Inventory Control and Zippy Import. If you know about those and have access to them, there is no magic to it.

If you want to send me the file, I could give you a quote on how long it would take to build the table. My initial guess is about 1/2 hour.

Steve Schwartz
steve@sschwartzcpa.com

#19316 - 10/30/09 01:26 PM Re: OE Alternate Price List Code [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Jim D Offline
Adagio Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Steve Schwartz
Hi Jim

I have tools that can build a Price List Code for you from an Excel or CSV file. It would need to be a two column file - the price list code itself and the description.

The tools I use are ACCPAC Plus Inventory Control and Zippy Import. If you know about those and have access to them, there is no magic to it.

If you want to send me the file, I could give you a quote on how long it would take to build the table. My initial guess is about 1/2 hour.

Steve Schwartz
steve@sschwartzcpa.com

Steve,

Would that still work if I am not using Inventory Control as a module? I am only using OE. How would it get into OE? I am guessing you would build an OE file for me to copy into the data directory?

If that is the case, I would be very interested since this could save me tons of time.

#19317 - 10/30/09 01:30 PM Re: OE Alternate Price List Code [Re: Softrak Support]
Jim D Offline
Adagio Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Softrak Support
Though you can import 'alternate price list items', unfortuneately you cannot import the Price List codes to which alternative price list items are attached.

Thanks for the confirmation. I thought as such, but didn't see anything in the manuals that said so, so I wanted to confirm it.

#19318 - 10/30/09 03:29 PM Re: OE Alternate Price List Code [Re: Jim D]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Hi Jim

If you are using OE without IC, then I would need your existing files OEPCOD'R.xxx and OEPCOD'I.xxx (where xxx is your data extension), and the Excel or CSV file. I would then return the same two files, updated.

I'm assuming that your price codes are going to be the same as your customer codes, not that it matters for my purposes. I was just curious.

Steve

#19319 - 10/31/09 07:38 PM Re: OE Alternate Price List Code [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Jim D Offline
Adagio Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Steve Schwartz
Hi Jim

If you are using OE without IC, then I would need your existing files OEPCOD'R.xxx and OEPCOD'I.xxx (where xxx is your data extension), and the Excel or CSV file. I would then return the same two files, updated.

I'm assuming that your price codes are going to be the same as your customer codes, not that it matters for my purposes. I was just curious.

Steve

Steve,
I will send you an email sometime Monday.

As far as your question, the price codes are unique unto themselves. Since there may be many separate unique Price Codes for one single customer (one customer may have many different priced jobs quoted and running with us), I thought this would be best. We are incorporating the customer number into the price code description field in case I would need to consolidate all alt. price lists by customer. Like perhaps in GridView or excel.

Thanks for the assist.

Jim D.

#19320 - 11/01/09 05:29 AM Re: OE Alternate Price List Code [Re: Jim D]
Steve Schwartz Offline
Adagio God

Hi Jim

You realize that there can be no more than one default price list linked to a customer. It can be overridden when entering an order, so it is possible to use many price lists for a single customer, but at most one can be set to appear by default on the header screen.

I wait to hear from you.

Steve

Moderator:  Softrak Support 
Who's Online
1 registered (Bruce Gardner), 57 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69741 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18