Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#60729 - 04/25/19 11:49 AM Re: Order Entry Qs [Re: Hugh]
Hugh Offline
Adagio Maven

Loc: Victoria, BC Canada
Anyway, what I'm hearing is that there's probably not a workaround for this within the Adagio suite?

#60731 - 04/25/19 11:55 AM Re: Order Entry Qs [Re: Hugh]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Get and transform now reads PDFs directly, so you might want to check again.

And, when you can get the data into some regular format, there are lots of ways of bringing it into Adagio.

You might also hire a programmer to create an Excel application that validated the data entry done manually from the POS day end report and then created the necessary export files for Adagio.

And of course, you might look at a different POS system with some better connections to the outside world.

#60734 - 04/25/19 01:16 PM Re: Order Entry Qs [Re: Retired_Guy]
Hugh Offline
Adagio Maven

I feel like I'm getting ripped off! I pay a subscription fee for the latest version of Excel and it doesn't have pdf under Get Data...
In any event, the report I get has a three column upper panel and then three different columns in the bottom section so I'm having trouble contemplating how it would reliably re-order that. *sigh*
I'd ditch my F&B POS in a heartbeat if I could... I'm always looking for something that's up to date but that will do everything I need... so far nothing...

Edited by Hugh (04/25/19 01:17 PM)

#60736 - 04/25/19 03:26 PM Re: Order Entry Qs [Re: Hugh]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Check for updates for Excel. I got an email from them saying they would be rolling the feature out in the coming months.

You might also consider contacting your POS supplier to ask for suggestions or even pinging Ms. Google to see how others have approached the problem. You aren't likely the only person on the planet trying to do this.

#60737 - 04/25/19 04:04 PM Re: Order Entry Qs [Re: Retired_Guy]
Hugh Offline
Adagio Maven

ah, you're rockin' the developer subscription! nice!

my POS supplier used to be very helpful, then ORACLE bought it and now they don't know or care about any of the legacy stuff... and when I say 'legacy' I mean we spent $50K to upgrade to the 'latest' version about 3 years ago...

#60738 - 04/25/19 04:49 PM Re: Order Entry Qs [Re: Hugh]
Douglas Dickie Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Hugh:

I've helped a lot of companies create solutions to import their POS data into Adagio GL, AP, & AR (depending on the requirements). I've never seen a POS system that didn't export the transactions to some kind of an electronic file for whatever accounting system.

In one case I've had to grab the transaction file meant for QuickBooks (or was it Simply I forget) and in several cases I've had to grab the transactions meant for the (piece of junk) integrated accounting solution.

I find it hard to believe that you have 2 POS systems that don't produce anything for accounting as all POS developers know that they need to provide accounting something or they'll find sales few and far between.
ddickie@accsyssolutions.com

#60740 - 04/25/19 08:46 PM Re: Order Entry Qs [Re: Douglas Dickie]
Terry Pennock Offline
Terry

Loc: Campbell River, BC
Hi Hugh,

Depending on the database used by your POS systems, it may be possible to extract the transactions directly from their data.

A number of Consultants on this forum have experience with a variety of data structures and if you were able to identify where the data resides and the database format (DBF,ACCESS, MySql etc), they may be able to offer suggestions on how to get it into Adagio. I believe some consutants have tools that can extract the data and send it to Adagio form the POS reports.
terry@islandmicro.com
www.islandmicro.com

IMS Applications:
CounterSales . JobTracker . POTracker . LabelPrint . LotTracker . SerialTracker . IMScheduler . ReportGen
JobTracker can now use ServiceTracker to track jobs performed on Equipment and Machines.

Call for more information on our applications or to arrange a Demo.

#60762 - 04/30/19 10:13 AM Re: Order Entry Qs [Re: Terry Pennock]
Hugh Offline
Adagio Maven

new tack...
while I imagine I can engage someone to delve into the various databases and extract sales data to post to the GL but that puts me back to where I am now where I have a fragile proprietary system that will break if I change anything. The companion problem is that I need to audit my sales clerks individually on the way through so my latest thought is the AR module whereby my total revenues are the sum of what my sales clerks bring in individually. This would allow me to have a daily batch with an entry for each sales clerk that I could work on for as long as it took and then post and import to the GL. I'm envisaging each batch totaling zero:

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/T3DIPG...hA=w310-h549-no[/img]

reasonable? crazy?

#60763 - 04/30/19 03:11 PM Re: Order Entry Qs [Re: Hugh]
Douglas Dickie Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Hugh

I think the same problem still exists, where is the source files going to come from?
ddickie@accsyssolutions.com

#60764 - 04/30/19 03:26 PM Re: Order Entry Qs [Re: Douglas Dickie]
Hugh Offline
Adagio Maven

The data will get keyed in from the various sources the same as we do now. I'm not actually trying to save labour per se, I'm trying to develop a more robust system than what I have now which is people keying the data into a fragile and poorly designed system of spreadsheets.
I could develop a new system of spreadsheets that would create a GL upload file but I thought I'd look into keeping it in the (Adagio) family first.
There are a ton of nice checks and balances in accounting software that don't need to be developed from scratch and that can't be defeated by someone doing something inadvertent is my thinking...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Softrak Support 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69744 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18