Adagio Wizard

Loc: Toronto ON, Canada
Hello CRR:

Do you use POA? Do you import P/O's?

#17376 - 05/27/09 06:44 AM Re: Physical Inventory in IC [Re: Retired_Guy]
CRR Offline
Adagio Buff

Loc: WA
We create them in Inventory Control by highlighting another item in the same category and pic, copying the item, and editing the description, base price and cost.

#17380 - 05/27/09 10:49 AM Re: Physical Inventory in IC [Re: Retired_Guy]
CRR Offline
Adagio Buff

We create the numbers in Inventory. We highlight a number with similar accounting #'s and pic #, copy it, and then edit the description, sales price and cost of the newly created number.

#17381 - 05/27/09 10:51 AM Re: Physical Inventory in IC [Re: Bruce Gardner]
CRR Offline
Adagio Buff

We use Purchase ORders, but do not import them.

#17388 - 05/28/09 08:59 AM Re: Physical Inventory in IC [Re: CRR]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Hello CRR,

We could not re-create this problem by copying items in Adagio Inventory. However, if we made an item "Active at a location" using Purchase Orders for Adagio, the item in the new location inherited the picking sequence from the original item, rather than getting "default". Would that explain what you're seeing?

#17396 - 05/28/09 10:52 AM Re: Physical Inventory in IC [Re: Retired_Guy]
CRR Offline
Adagio Buff

In the four examples I gave above, at the time they were created, there were no items in our inventory with pic numbers other than default. When you say "make it active", I notice that in Inventory, all of our items have the "active" box checked. So when we copy an item to create a new one, it copies the active box also. Also, when we receive new items in PO's for the first time, it says the item is not active in LGV (our location) & do we want to make it active, we say yes. BUT one item I mentioned above that had a pick number had NOT ever been ordered. I had just created it as a test number. So I suspect it's something in Inventory.

#17454 - 06/03/09 10:47 AM Re: Physical Inventory in IC [Re: CRR]
CRR Offline
Adagio Buff

I'm still puzzling over this problem. In printing a gridview report, I see I have a dozen NEW items in our inventory with pic numbers other than default. It is consistently happening when we create a PO. I notice that when we order, it asks if we want to make it active in our location. We say yes. I tried saying no, thinking perhaps this is where the pic # is coming from, but then it won't post the PO. Is there some setting in setup that could cause this?

#17455 - 06/03/09 11:27 AM Re: Physical Inventory in IC [Re: CRR]
Bruce Gardner Offline
Adagio Wizard

Loc: Toronto ON, Canada
Hello CRR:

Your most recent posting seems to match what Andrew described. In that case, it is a problem in POA.

It arises with i) a new item that ii) has not been assigned to a Location yet. In IC or OE, you don't have to worry about the "assigning" step because the application does it behind the scene when you enter your first transaction against that item. POA tries to do it too but doesn't get it right.

To prevent the problem in POA, you can run a process AFTER adding new Items in IC. Do the following:
-In IC, go to Edit then Locations
-Highlight your main Location and click on Edit
-Go to the Items tab
-If you search for your new Item(s), you will see that the "Selected" column is blank
-You can assign it to your main Location by clicking on "Add"
-Or if there are many new Items, you can click on the "All Items" button
-This will link ALL Items to this Location so be certain this is what you want to do.
-Click on "Ok" to save your changes

Once you have done this, POA won't try to activate a Location when you order a new Item. Remember that the process needs to be run after any new Items are added.

#17462 - 06/04/09 09:35 AM Re: Physical Inventory in IC [Re: Bruce Gardner]
CRR Offline
Adagio Buff

Thank you for your reply. At least now we understand what is happening and can either use your suggestion or edit the pic sequences until they can fix this problem in PO's.

Appreciate your help.

#17645 - 06/18/09 08:29 AM Re: Physical Inventory in IC [Re: CRR]
SusanTennier Offline
Adagio Maestro

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Hi Bruce,

This thread describes exactly what is happening to us. So glad that someone figured this out! We create new items in IC using "copy". Then we order it in POA and it forces us to "make it active" so we can continue. I did the Gridview using IC Item Locations and we have over 150 items that are not set to default. This problem is defeating the purpose of our warehouse organization. We continually update the locations on our system at the point of receiving so we can find the product later.

The workaround you describe can only be performed when no one else is on the system. Since we create new item codes so that we can order them, it is a 2 step process that accomplishes a single task (getting a new item on order). It is therefore not a reasonable solution to have a 3rd step in-between that requires everyone be taken off the system. This would be a task that would have to occur after business hours.

Can your EDIT/LOCATIONS solution be performed after POA "makes it active"? Therefore, each evening, I could add the edit/locations/All Items to the day end process? Or maybe a better solution is after we post our PO we could go into Inventory/Edit/Item Maintenance/Picking Sequence and manually change the new item to Default?

What do you suggest? Is Softrak going to correct this issue with POA??

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Softrak Support 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 94 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14239 Topics
69736 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18