Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#17261 - 05/14/09 03:11 PM Physical Inventory in IC
CRR Offline
Adagio Buff

Loc: WA
We have a reoccuring situation we cannot figure out.

We print a physical inventory worksheet based on a "picking sequence." When we got to the storeroom to count the items, there are items that are not on the worksheet, so we count them and write them down manually. When we got to "enter/edit physical inventory", the items are there and we can enter them as if they had been on the printed worksheet.

Why is this happening?

#17266 - 05/14/09 04:58 PM Re: Physical Inventory in IC [Re: CRR]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Which options do you have selected for your Physical Inventory worksheet report for selecting items? The 3 choices are:
'All items from inv. list', 'Items from loc. only' and 'Items active at location'. Do you i'suppress inactive items'?

Also, you mentioned printing the worksheet based upon the picking sequence. Does this mean that you simply sort the report by picking sequence, or do you enter a starting/ending range to select only particular picking sequences? If a range, what range do you enter?

Lastly, what format do you use for your picking sequences? Are they strictly numeric, alpha-numeric, with capital or lower-case letters, special characters, or others? That may help in determining if the report selection is choosing different picking sequences that what is being generated for the Edit Physical Inventory.

#17273 - 05/15/09 11:58 AM Re: Physical Inventory in IC [Re: Softrak Support]
CRR Offline
Adagio Buff

For selecting items, we don't change anything. We use the default "all items from inv list" "any account set". We leave the default for items selected " (blank) to zzzz". Our picking sequences are numeric only. One we did yesterday was "52" to "52". At the bottom we tick "include reason", "create worksheet", and "include quantity".

Furthermore, we also have noticed that we have some items whose item records is under pick "52", for example, but they do not print out there, but they print out under pick "461", which was their prior picking location.

Both of these situations have been occurring for years.

We do data integrity checks monthly.

#17279 - 05/15/09 03:25 PM Re: Physical Inventory in IC [Re: CRR]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Thanks for the information. Can I confirm what version of Adagio Inventory you have installed? The Physical Inventory function was improved in the 80B version.

Picking sequences can come directly from the Item Master file, or be set for a specific location. Setting for a specific location is done from the Edit menu, Item Maintenance and Picking Sequence. If you go here for any of the items in question, what do you see here for the problem location? If you see Default, this means the Item Master has the picking sequence value. If you see something else, this is the location-specific picking sequence. You can also see the picking sequences for all locations if you use Item Inquiry with Sales/Costs and the Quantities tab.

I haven't been able to duplicate a difference in the selected items between the report, the exported Excel spreadsheet or the Edit Physical Inventory function. I am using the current shipping version 8.1A and release date (090217). Items are selected for all based on the location-specific picking sequence.

Could you give an example of one of your items that uses a pick sequence of 52 and is not selected for your report? What we would need to know is what the Master Item pick sequence is, the pick sequence defined on the location, and also what locations the item is allowed at (this will be on the same Pick Sequence screen - any visible locations are allowed). Do you see 461 anywhere? You may need to get your Adagio consultant involved to look at the data and see if anything is unexpected or amiss.

#17287 - 05/18/09 05:17 PM Re: Physical Inventory in IC [Re: Softrak Support]
CRR Offline
Adagio Buff

We are using Inv 8.1A (070825)

Re pic sequences. I see our problem when I go to Edit, Item Maint, Pic Sequence. Pic 461 is listed there. If I change that to default, the problem is resolved. We only have one location and should be changing the pic location on the master item record. I think someone inadvertently changed the pic through "Edit, Item Maint, Pic." So I can change all of the pics that may have been entered that way, can you please tell me how to print a report, in IC or to Excel, so I can find all of them.

We only have one location.

I'm wondering if I can correct the pic sequences if my other problem will resolve.

Thanks

Chris

#17288 - 05/18/09 08:41 PM Re: Physical Inventory in IC [Re: CRR]
Bruce Gardner Offline
Adagio Wizard

Loc: Toronto ON, Canada
Hello CRR:

Do you have GridView?

If you do, create a View using the "I/C Item Locations" table. For rows where the "Picking Seq" cell is blank, that Location is using the "Default" Picking Sequence assigned to the Item. If there is a value in the cell, you need to edit that Picking Sequence to reset it to the Default value. To do that, use the same entry screen as described earlier by Support.

If you have Adagio ODBC, you can get the same sort of report using that tool.

#17290 - 05/19/09 10:42 AM Re: Physical Inventory in IC [Re: Bruce Gardner]
CRR Offline
Adagio Buff

I created the report in GridView and found an abundance of items with values. These are some of the specific part #'s we noticed had problems. I'm confident this will fix both of our problems stated above. THANK YOU SO MUCH for solving this long-standing problem.

#17291 - 05/19/09 11:31 AM Re: Physical Inventory in IC [Re: CRR]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Glad to hear things are better now.

#17371 - 05/26/09 03:13 PM Re: Physical Inventory in IC [Re: Softrak Support]
CRR Offline
Adagio Buff

Question. We printed the GridView report and reset ALL part numbers to the default. I re-printed the report today and find that there are again numbers assigned to some items. Specifically, these are items that were recently created. In one case, some were on order (none in stock). In two other cases, they were new numbers and now had a qty in stock. I also noticed that a new number I had created which has no stock, nothing on order, and no activity yet did not get a pic number assigned to it. Is there some relationship to PO's creating this situation?

#17372 - 05/26/09 03:34 PM Re: Physical Inventory in IC [Re: CRR]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Do you create the new item when you are creating the PO, or are they created in Adagio Inventory first?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Softrak Support 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 94 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14239 Topics
69736 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18