Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#16672 - 04/06/09 04:48 PM Re: Accounts Payable-Check Designer [Re: Softrak Support]
cclory Offline
Adagio Enthusiast

Loc: British Columbia
I got the lines no problem, but my column headings are still not printing. They show on the template in the Check Designer, and they are shown on the preview when I preview my check to be printed, but when the actual check is printed it is not there.

#16676 - 04/06/09 07:15 PM Re: Accounts Payable-Check Designer [Re: cclory]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
If Previewing the check works, but print to paper does not, then that doesn't make logical sense. What section did you specify the column headings to print in? Were these labels nudged under a section header?

#16685 - 04/07/09 11:00 AM Re: Accounts Payable-Check Designer [Re: Softrak Support]
cclory Offline
Adagio Enthusiast

The section that these headings are in are Advice header-Advice 1. The headings show on the screen in both the check designer and the check preview just before I actually print a check, but when it comes through the printer, no headings are in the middle advice. The labels are not nudged under a section, there is plenty of space between the Advice header-Advice 1 and Advice detail-Advice 1-Advice body detail.

#16688 - 04/07/09 02:55 PM Re: Accounts Payable-Check Designer [Re: cclory]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

You didn't indicate whether you have the advice 1 section repeated on your check spec, or if you have both advice 1 and advice 2 selected. If you get the column headings on one advice but not the other, I presume that the latter case is the situation.

If indeed you have both advice 1 and advice 2 selected to print on your check, then you have to ensure that the column headings are also entered into the Advice 2 Header section. Whatever you have in the first advice sections will have no influence in the second advice sections, and vice versa.

Either copy and paste the desired information from the advice 1 header to the advice 2 header, or insert them manually.

#16689 - 04/07/09 03:56 PM Re: Accounts Payable-Check Designer [Re: Softrak Support]
cclory Offline
Adagio Enthusiast

Sorry, I have selected both Advice 1 and Advice 2 to print on my cheque, as they are different in appearance. I have deleted the column headings in advice 1 and pasted the same columns headings from advice 2 onto advice 1, and still they are showing in the template, the check preview but not on the check itself.

#16690 - 04/07/09 05:00 PM Re: Accounts Payable-Check Designer [Re: cclory]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

If you want both advice 1 and 2 to print on your check, you should not have deleted the column headings from the first header. You need them on both.

If you are overlapping other objects with your column headings (such as shaded rectangles), ensure that the text is 'on top'. You might have to 'bring to front' the text or 'send to back' any overlapping objects.

Perhaps take a look at one of the sample specifications that have 2 different advices and see how these are laid out. Maybe even try printing with a sample spec to determine whether your spec file or the printer is the cause of the problem.

#16691 - 04/07/09 05:16 PM Re: Accounts Payable-Check Designer [Re: Softrak Support]
cclory Offline
Adagio Enthusiast

Perfection!!!! Finally got it, thank you so much!

#16765 - 04/14/09 04:19 PM Re: Accounts Payable-Check Designer [Re: cclory]
cclory Offline
Adagio Enthusiast

My cheques have been printing perfectly in my normal cheque runs, but now when I want to print a manual cheque the format is completely off. The correct specs are chosen for the Manual cheque, everything seems to be correct. Do you know any reason why this might be happening?

#16766 - 04/14/09 05:37 PM Re: Accounts Payable-Check Designer [Re: cclory]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

When you create a manual check batch, are the transactions Payments or are they Cash Invoices? If Payments, then everything should be identical to printing checks via the Print/Post Checks and Advices function.

If you are entering Cash Invoices, then there is a different detail section type that is required for your check specification. It is the 'Advice body - Cash' section that prints cash invoice distributions. This is different than the 'Advice body - detail' section that prints paid invoices for Payment checks.

If you want to use the same spec for printing cash invoice-related checks as for payments, then both detail sections need to be on the spec. Ensure that the section height of the 'advice body - cash' is the same as the 'advice body - detail' so that the formatting remains the same. And you can only use the 'G codes' for printing information in the advice - this will be information such as the distribution code, GL account, description and tax information.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Softrak Support 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 94 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14239 Topics
69736 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18