Topic Options
#12449 - 04/25/08 11:31 AM Unit Statistics Import - Previous to LY
Fullen Offline
Adagio Fan

Loc: Banff
I understand that data can be brought into a system for past years from other systems. With this premise, I am hoping that I can create some data to be brought in for the 2006 year to provide Unit Comparatives for the year previous to LY.

The accounts are already set up and in use as they already have LY and current data recorded.

I am hoping that someone can assist me with the required layout of a working file and the importing process of such file.

The data I am hoping to import includes:
Account Number
Description
Period
Date (last day of mth)
# Units

... and that's all.

What do you think?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Edited by Fullen (04/25/08 11:31 AM)

#12450 - 04/25/08 02:32 PM Re: Unit Statistics Import - Previous to LY [Re: Fullen]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Fullen,

I assume you are referring to Adagio Ledger 90A which allows you to maintain transaction details for a historical year. Earlier versions of Adagio Ledger 981A or prior) do not allow this.

Importing Transactions into a historical year requires three steps:

1) Create the historical year (2006) from the Edit/Fiscal Calendar function if it does not yet exist. This function allows creation of the 'next earliest year' rather than a specific year, to ensure that there are no holes in the created years.

2) Import the opening balances only for the year (2006). Of course this is only required for Balance Sheet and Retained Earnings accounts, as Income Statement accounts always start the year at 0.00. You set the year on the 'Field defaults' (3rd) tab.

3) Import the Transactions for the year (2006). Doing this will also simultaneously update the 12/13 period net change buckets and the 'current' balance for each account. The year is also set on the 'Field defaults' (3rd) tab.

If you access the Help file, and from the main page the 'Import Notes' link, you can look at detailed information for requirements when importing, such as required fields and what happens if a particular field is not imported.

#12451 - 04/25/08 02:37 PM Re: Unit Statistics Import - Previous to LY [Re: Softrak Support]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Oh, and because you want to update the new 'Units' field, you can't use the 'Retrieve Prior Year Data' function to bring in 2006 data (because Units were not maintained then).

Make sure that you have updated your Accounts to contain a non-blank 'Unit' field. Otherwise when importing (or entering) Transactions, the process will not apply Unit values to accounts that do not have a Unit field enabled (ie non-blank).

When setting up your import file, include all the columns for what you want to import. Then create an Import Template will field selections that match your file. You don't have to create the file to match a required template layout. Note that if you do not import particular field information, there may be rules for what is defaulted for that field value - refer to the Help file notes for these rules.

Moderator:  Softrak Support 
Who's Online
2 registered (Samuel Kopstick, Bruce Gardner), 70 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1847 Members
5 Forums
14239 Topics
69728 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18