Open Payables List

Posted by: Hugh

Open Payables List - 06/03/19 09:13 AM

Hey, I'm running an Open Payable List and it creates a work file before presenting the report. I have a relatively powerful computer and a relatively small vendor list but it's currently taking in excess of 10 minutes to generate the report. Is anyone else having this issue?
Thanks!

Re: Open Payables List - 06/03/19 09:23 AM

*update* over 20 minutes now... it's a 5 page report
Posted by: Retired_Guy

Re: Open Payables List - 06/03/19 09:55 AM

Are you running it for a date in the past? If so, it has to scan all your Payables history.

Does Task Manager show any activity in the application?

Re: Open Payables List - 06/03/19 11:51 AM

Yes, a date in the past... this makes a wee bit of sense as I had checked some other time frames and it calculated quite quickly but as you mention this I think it slowed down when I started looking at prior dates.... but still, it's a struggle when it takes 20 minutes to get a historical report...

The application is using betwen 1.5 and 2% of the CPU and 29.5MB of memory... so nothing there... data is coming from the server at 2.2Mbps but I don't know if that's good or bad.
Posted by: Douglas Dickie

Re: Open Payables List - 06/03/19 12:37 PM

Hugh:

How much history do you have? The report should not be taking that much time.

Re: Open Payables List - 06/03/19 01:29 PM

all the history... why would I not want to keep history? I guess because it makes reports super slow?

Re: Open Payables List - 06/04/19 07:58 AM

Hugh

You have been using Adagio and ACCPAC Plus before that for what, 20 to 30 years now? AP history that old can’t possibly be that meaningful.

Re: Open Payables List - 06/06/19 08:35 AM

true... maybe I'll try and get rid of a few years, although you'd be surprised how often someone comes to me and says what did we pay for those widgets? I think we bought the last batch about 5 years ago...

Re: Open Payables List - 06/06/19 10:51 AM

Hugh

That’s why you keep copies of your database at the end of every year, so that you can check the odd question about an old ( purged from history) transaction.

Re: Open Payables List - 06/13/19 04:04 PM

Douglas,
This totally makes sense. Thank you!