Short year

Posted by: JeanB

Short year - 05/08/15 09:08 AM

We are doing a short year ending May 31st, which is period 11 in the current year. I have closed June (period 12) in the current year and have created the next fiscal year. I've adjusted the period dates so that June is now period 1 of the next year. Is there any way when retrieving June batches from the AP & AR subledgers to have them retrieved into the next year as period 1? They currently automatically go to the current year as period 12 and then I have to move them over manually.

Thanks!
Jean
Posted by: Retired_Guy

Re: Short year - 05/08/15 09:52 AM

Dealing with a change in fiscal year almost always requires the assistance of your Adagio Consultant.

To the extent you are going to want comparative statements, you will need a special set generated to account for the fact that Period 1 of next year must be compared to Period 12 of the previous year.

I don't believe there is a way to get incoming batches automatically moved to the Next Year in this circumstance, but Technical Support may correct me.
Posted by: JeanB

Re: Short year - 05/08/15 10:17 AM

Thanks Andrew. Comparative statements aren't going to be an issue - we'll be doing another short year from June to September (we have a change in control at May 31st) in and then we are amalgamating the company with another that has a September year-end. If we need comparatives during the 4 months we can just look at last year's physical statements.

I was mostly just wondering about retrieving the subledger data - it's easy enough to move the batches manually though.