AP Print Additional Forms

Posted by: SusanTennier

AP Print Additional Forms - 05/19/10 06:00 PM

I tested printing an Additional Form with some test data yesterday and it worked great. Today, when I tried it with our live data, I clicked preview and it only showed the hour glass and never loaded. When I tried printing (without previewing) it pops up saying "Did the additional forms print correctly"? Meanwhile, nothing prints. I can so no and try again but only get the same results. I went back to my test data tonight and tried it again and now it's doing the same thing. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Re: AP Print Additional Forms - 05/19/10 06:06 PM

It's working again on my test data. Seems that it doesn't like when I have pdf creator set as the default additional form printer?
Posted by: Douglas Dickie

Re: AP Print Additional Forms - 05/19/10 06:24 PM

Try using Alt+Tab to see is some dialog windows is hidden from view.

PrintBoss would do much netter job.

Re: AP Print Additional Forms - 05/19/10 06:45 PM

It's weird because it's working with my test data now even though I have the default additional form printer set back to pdf creator. If it acts up again, I'll try the alt+tab.

It didn't work today when I had an additional form to print for a cheque that had 280 invoices applied to it. I had to do a gridview report and export to excel then manually select the 280 invoices that applied to this particular cheque which took an extra 2 hours!

frown
Posted by: doswalt

Re: AP Print Additional Forms - 05/19/10 08:00 PM

How about creating a report group for vendors that normally need the additional forms. Create a check form that does not do details to use for this report group. Once this is done each time you print do a check run print the checks and additional forms for this report group first with the new no detail spec. Then print all other checks with the standard spec.

unless there is some other reason you want to do manual checks....

Re: AP Print Additional Forms - 05/20/10 09:42 AM

Frustrating.. I tried "additional forms" again today with my live data and AGAIN it's freezing on the Preview screen and prints nothing.
Posted by: Douglas Dickie

Re: AP Print Additional Forms - 05/20/10 09:46 AM

Maybe it's time to look at PrintBoss rather than continuing to bang your head against a solution that's not working.

Re: AP Print Additional Forms - 05/20/10 09:50 AM

Which version do I need?

Re: AP Print Additional Forms - 05/20/10 09:54 AM

Anyway, I should be able to print additional forms without the program freezing. frown
Posted by: Softrak Support

Re: AP Print Additional Forms - 05/20/10 10:03 AM

We're not aware of any problems when printing additional forms and performance or freezing issues. As Doug originally posted, there likely is a hidden dialog (such as a Windows screen asking where to save a PDF file destination).

What happens when you preview - does it work? This uses the same processes as printing, except without the output. If this works, then the issue is with the output method.

Re: AP Print Additional Forms - 05/20/10 10:14 AM

After printing the cheque it says, "do you want to print additional forms" and I click "Yes". Then I click on Preview and it shows 0 of 0 and an hour glass and stays that way forever. I tried Alt-tab and there is nothing hidden behind. The preview window will only allow me to do one thing. Close.

After closing I clicked Print. It immediately responds with "Were the forms printed correctly"? The form however, did not print at all so I click no and repeat the process over and over with different printers and different spec sheets. I've tried alt-tab and every thing else I can think of but no luck. The only way I can get out of this screen is to click yes - the forms printed correctly and clear the advice info.

I've tried changing the options for the additional form to the default printer and to specific printers. It doesn't work either way. I've tried changing the default Additional form for the bank to another form including some of Adagios sample forms that have been unedited by me. I've tried multiple vendors. All are giving me the same result.
Posted by: Softrak Support

Re: AP Print Additional Forms - 05/20/10 11:03 AM

I think I know what it might be - it just twigged me.

Edit the Additional Form specification in the designer, and go to the File menu and Specification Options. A default of 55 details per page is set and you might need to change this to a different (smaller?) number to fit your printer driver. You may also need to edit/adjust the section sizes for the advice header, detail and footer.

You could try previewing the form within the designer and to the same printer driver while determining what works.

Any Adagio form won't preview or print any pages if too much information is set to be printed on a single page. For example, if the total height of a page header and footer exceeds the page length.

Re: AP Print Additional Forms - 05/20/10 11:09 AM

Another thing to note is that once there is an additional form specification added to Edit Bank on the Specification Tab, there is no way to remove the specification and make it blank again. I can change it to another spec but can't reset the additional form spec back to blank. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the issue, but

I really would like to print additional forms ASAP.

Re: AP Print Additional Forms - 05/20/10 11:34 AM

I tried changing the max details to 50 but it didn't correct the issue. The preview from within the designer works fine for all the different printers that we use.

Re: AP Print Additional Forms - 05/20/10 11:45 AM

I figured out that it does work for some vendors but not others... not sure what the difference could be?
Posted by: doswalt

Re: AP Print Additional Forms - 05/20/10 11:47 AM

Have you tried just printing instead of going thru the preview screen?

Re: AP Print Additional Forms - 05/20/10 01:00 PM

Hi Doswalt,

I have tried that. As well as different printers, etc. I will test some more ASAP and post back if I figure it out.

Re: AP Print Additional Forms - 05/20/10 04:55 PM

I figured it out!!!!!! In Edit/Vendor there are 3 checkmarks in Advice Print Method (print fax and email). Whoever set up some of the new vendors decided to uncheck these boxes. Many of our vendors still have the boxes checked so they were working fine, but the ones that were unchecked would not preview or print the additional form. FIXED!!! YEAH!!! smile