OE Order Designer - Optional Fields

Posted by: SusanTennier

OE Order Designer - Optional Fields - 04/06/10 07:03 AM

Can the Optional Text and Date Fields be added to our Invoices? Is it E31,32,33,34,35 that represent the OE optional text and date fields? Or is it D56,57,58,59,60? I'd like them to print underneath the item code and description if that's possible. I already have Page Header, Detail Line, Comments, Serial #, Serial #, Instructions, Misc & Tax, Page footer, Last page footer sections. Do I have to add another section? Which section should I add to put the Option fields?
Posted by: Softrak Support

Re: OE Order Designer - Optional Fields - 04/06/10 07:53 AM

Hi, Susan,

The easiest way to determine what code to use in a spec to produce the result you want is to select the 'All codes' specification and print the pick slip, invoice, etc. to screen or Preview it.

The E codes you mention print the optional fields from the Optional Fields tab within the order. The D codes print the optional fields within the item. The D codes print the optional fields within the customer. Of course, to be used, an optional field must first be defined within the company profile.
Posted by: SusanTennier

Re: OE Order Designer - Optional Fields - 04/06/10 09:23 AM

Okay, it's the E codes I'm looking for then.

Do I require a new section or can I add these fields to one of the existing sections?
Posted by: Softrak Support

Re: OE Order Designer - Optional Fields - 04/06/10 12:43 PM

Hi, Susan,

As per the All Codes sample spec, these codes are used in the Invoice Header section.