Error installing Adagio Receivables 9.0A

Posted by: Apex

Error installing Adagio Receivables 9.0A - 04/21/09 04:35 PM

Program does not start up error reads The dynamic link library PEGRPDS.DLL could not be found in the specified path.....L:\softrak receivables c|winnt....so on so on....

I installed this as per usual on a computer in the server room it updates the files on the server, as I have for all installs then go around and do the workstation upgrade on the 3 accounting computers, but it comes up with this error.
Posted by: Softrak Support

Re: Error installing Adagio Receivables 9.0A - 04/21/09 04:44 PM

Did you install the Receivables upgrade directly at the server? Or from a workstation connected to your server. The first option is incorrect and the second option is the correct way.

The file above should get installed to the X:\softrak\receivables program directory. If you look there with Windows Explorer, do you see the file?

What version of Windows is on your workstation?

Re: Error installing Adagio Receivables 9.0A - 04/21/09 07:55 PM

I did the install, same as usual. I did not do it right on the server. Did it on a workstation in the server room it runs windows 2000, will check to see if I can see that file in the morning.
I had a problem with the first install of 9.0A, I had to uninstall it and reinstall it to do the workstation upgrade.
Posted by: Douglas Dickie

Re: Error installing Adagio Receivables 9.0A - 04/21/09 09:40 PM

Receivables v9 does not support Windows 2000. This may be your problem.

Re: Error installing Adagio Receivables 9.0A - 04/22/09 10:01 AM

Is this really true that receivables 9.0A will not work on a Windows 2000 computer?????
Posted by: Softrak Support

Re: Error installing Adagio Receivables 9.0A - 04/22/09 10:54 AM

Receivables 9.0A was not tested for compatibility with Windows 2000 other than cursory tests to see if it appeared to install and run. It did. Beyond that Softrak makes no guarantee of compatibility. Please see http://www.softrak.com/products/compatibility/compatibility.php for a statement on Windows 2000 compatibility.

The problem may be caused by a missing Microsoft DLL. You can try finding a copy of gdiplus.dll on the machine or another machine and copying it into \softrak\receivables. If that does not work copy it to \winnt\system32. If that does not work we can’t help any further.

Re: Error installing Adagio Receivables 9.0A - 04/22/09 11:07 AM

we have 3 computers in the accounting department. 2 are windows 2000 and the other is XP. I thought i would try do the workstation the allwkst upgrade on the xp computer but came up with the same error.

Re: Error installing Adagio Receivables 9.0A - 04/22/09 11:36 AM

we have reinstalled the previous version 8.0B, and seems to be working fine, the only thing is in Adagio Receivables when its open along the headers at the top if you click on Adagio it opens up and Adagio Payables and Adagio Gridview are there on the drop down list, but no Adagio Ledger. Is there a way to fix this. Is this a problem?

Re: Error installing Adagio Receivables 9.0A - 04/22/09 11:49 AM

sorry the receivables 8.0B does not work... the accountant came up with these errors.

Invalid record batch file
Error retrieving batch ARALBTCH
your data may be damaged.
Posted by: Retired_Guy

Re: Error installing Adagio Receivables 9.0A - 04/22/09 12:06 PM

Did you manage to convert (any or all of) the data to AR 9.0A? If so, then you'll have to roll the data back to version 8.0B as well as the programs.

BTW - AR9.0A requires Ledger V9.0A at least, and V9.0B if you are going to make use of the feature to record a difference accounting data than the transaction date.

Re: Error installing Adagio Receivables 9.0A - 04/22/09 12:42 PM

Not sure when the conversion takes place, during the install???did the install of REC 9.0A but never got it running on the workstations though. But have reinstalled 8.0B of receivables.
Yes they are running ledger 9.0A. How do you roll back the data if that what we need to do???if I want to run 8.0A receivables. I am just the systems administrator here, I know nothing about accounting.

Re: Error installing Adagio Receivables 9.0A - 04/22/09 12:47 PM

Did you uninstall AR 9.0A? Did you ask the AR 9.0 install to keep the prior version installed?

The conversion of the data does not take place during the install.

Who normally helps you with your Adagio modules? Perhaps it would be worth giving them a call?

Re: Error installing Adagio Receivables 9.0A - 04/22/09 12:56 PM

yes i uninstalled ver 9. nothing about past installs. no i had to find the last version and reinstall it as i had kept past installs. No one has help us to this date, i have managed to do the installs up till now.

Re: Error installing Adagio Receivables 9.0A - 04/22/09 01:18 PM

if I remember right during the install of ver 9 it asked to keep the previous version on the computer yes or no. The accountant said to say no, which i guess now was a bad idea.

Re: Error installing Adagio Receivables 9.0A - 04/22/09 01:55 PM

Are you sure that you were running V8.0B before installing V9.0A? If your software was current, you would have been running V8.1A and that should have been the older version restored.

Re: Error installing Adagio Receivables 9.0A - 04/22/09 02:02 PM

it was probably v8.1. as all current upgrades were alway done. But the only previous copy i could find to reinstall was version 8.0B

Re: Error installing Adagio Receivables 9.0A - 04/22/09 03:03 PM

Hi Aaron,

I've asked our customer service department to send links to V8.1A so that you can re-install that version.
Posted by: Steve Schwartz

Re: Error installing Adagio Receivables 9.0A - 04/22/09 06:26 PM

Hi Aaron

I've been following this thread, and I can tell you have spent a good number of hours on this and are probably frustrated.

This is a perfect example of how checking with your Adagio consultant can be useful. Yes, we cost money, but we add value too! The bottom line with software is - if you aren't sure it's safe to install, don't install it (but I'm sure you know this already).

Steve

PS - I don't offer support in Canada, so don't construe this as a solicitation for my services.