POA

Posted by: SusanTennier

POA - 01/16/09 02:43 PM

Where has the Purple Soft website gone to and where do you get a list of and download the latest service packs?
Posted by: Retired_Guy

Re: POA - 01/16/09 03:13 PM

Hi Susan,

Softrak has bought Purchase Orders for Adagio and is in the middle of adding it to our product line. It's taking longer than we had hoped (or there are more things to do than we expected!). Is there something specific you are looking for?

Re: POA - 01/16/09 03:38 PM

Nice! I worried there for a minute that they'd gone out of business or something. We love POA and can't live without it.

Is version 8.0 SP20080507 still the latest release?

Re: POA - 01/16/09 04:57 PM

It'll do for the time being.
Posted by: Steve Schwartz

Re: POA - 01/17/09 08:13 AM

Hi Andrew

"there are more things to do than we expected!"

One of the all-time great understatements.

Steve
Posted by: Karen

Re: POA - 01/28/09 11:56 AM

I have to agree with Steve. We scrapped the program and only use it for generating our PO's. We are anxiously awaiting the version Softrak offers. It has great potential but was a disaster!

Re: POA - 01/28/09 12:08 PM

Hi Karen,

Don't get your hopes too high - our won't be making many changes to the product for the first while. However, we will try and address the most annoying problems to the best of our ability.
Posted by: Karen

Re: POA - 01/28/09 01:52 PM

Hello Andrew,

I do have high hopes and was thrilled when you bought the rights to the program. There are so many things wrong with it that it needs more than a tweaking before you re-launch it. It has such great potential and I'm certain you will be able to tap that potential to make it a wonderful and useful addition to the suite of products you already offer.

Re: POA - 01/28/09 03:09 PM

Hi Karen,

When you have some time, drop me a line with a description of the items that caused you the most grief. We have several hundred sites happily runnin the product in its current generation. How long ago did you try and use it?
Posted by: Brian Stief

Re: POA - 01/28/09 04:57 PM

Hi Susan,
We currently like the POA August 06/08 Service pack. Email myself or ryan@stiefgroup.com and we will send you the link. August 06/08 corrects some issues with backdated Inventory Control Valuation Reports. Installation is very quick.
Regards,
Brian
Posted by: Steve Schwartz

Re: POA - 01/28/09 08:02 PM

Hi Andrew

This is a public site so I have to be careful what I write. But my main problem with POA, besides the annoying little bugs, is that it has a non-Adagio feel. This include setup options, screens, reports and form specs. Also, in the rest of the Adagio world, when I report a bug and Softrak can replicate it, within a short time (weeks) there is a fix. In the POA world, weeks become years.

I am tired of having to explain to Adagio users that this module doesn't behave the way they expect it to, even if there is a certain logic to it.

Steve

Re: POA - 01/28/09 08:04 PM

I have to say we love POA. It has directly linked the processes of purchasing, receiving and creating a payable. It forces our payables dept to verify they are paying for what we actually received at the agreed price (no more no less).

We also love that POA calculates brokerage, duty and shipping into our cost with relative value proration. This saves a ton of time and is more accurate than manual calculation.

It would be nice if it had more of the look and feel of Adagio such as double clicking on the grid to add columns and by doing this with the SYS user, changing the grid for all users. Also, the help files don't work. When you close the program, it pops up, "Do you want to exit the Application"? That's just a nuisance.

A few minor glitches, but overall, a great program. We hope to start using it soon for returns, so will be posting questions in the coming weeks.
Posted by: Bruce Gardner

Re: POA - 01/28/09 09:34 PM

Hi Steve:

There are actually some screen interface ideas in POA that I like:

-Each P/O has a "Dataflow" tab where you can see all Receipts against this P/O (would be great in OE)
-You can hide P/O's with specific statuses (i.e. Completed) on the grid with a single click and the "X" reminds you of your current setting
-Using colours to indicate Order status is nice
-Clicking on a column header (certain ones anyway) to sort the grid is similar to Outlook
-The "View" tab on the P/O allows a quick on-screen view of the P/O so far
-The F1 Help has been enhanced with real-life suggestions (thanks I think to Brian)

During the "Adagio-ization" of POA, I hope that some of the better ideas are kept and transferred into the other Adagio modules (where appropriate).

Re: POA - 01/28/09 11:05 PM

A few glitches that might be easy to fix that Softrak might want to add to their list if not already noted:

Email Cover Sheets once created, cannot be deleted. So if you created one called "TEST" like I did, you have to keep it in your Cover Sheets for the rest of your life (or until Softrak fixes it)

When you send a test email in AR and OE it says, "Test email has been sent successfully". When you send in a test email in POA it says nothing, leading you to click again and again, however, it actually works so you'll receive many test emails.

The help files in POA crash whenever you click help.

Adding new items on the fly in POA is awesome. The only thing that doesn't transfer to Adagio Inventory are the images. My opinion is that one image is more than enough. Three are not necesary. If there were one image and it put that image in Inventory, you could set up the entire item and purchase it without even going to Inventory.

Again.. these are small glitches and none that interfere with the main use of the program.

Re: POA - 01/29/09 10:10 AM

Thanks for all the observations and comments. I'm glad you like the product Susan. I expect it will always look slightly "different" than the other Adagio modules due to its different genertic "heritage".

We've recently completely our in-house training on the product, and I have to say that I am really impressed with its functionality. I won't have any trouble taking this module into our stable and talking about it with enthusiasm.

For companies trying to manage their inventory, I cannot imagine how they do without this module.

We are trying to deal with the help problem in our first build, but we won't wait too much longer before shipping something.