errors

Posted by: AngelaF

errors - 09/30/08 09:52 AM

Good Morning
I am still recieving critical errors

Critical Error : [1011} insufficient rights to create in data directory

When pressing F6 to look up customers in invoices or receivables, we also get the same msg when looking up vendors in payables.

Another Error msg is when trying to print a posting journal in payables

Error: 120 Lookup item not found. Formulas :Name : =HeaderFooterDateFormat

And posting journals will not print at all

I have don’t integrity checks in all of the modules
If I remove the following files the program seems to run ok for a period of time but always reverts back to the same errors
QIF002’I.WIL

ARF001’R.WIL

ARF002’I.WIL

APF002’I.WIL

QIF001’I.WIL

I had a tech in, who re-installed adagio, checked to make sure all the rights were set etc. We are running Novel, is there some setting in that which may be causing these prolems?
Posted by: doswalt

Re: errors - 09/30/08 10:32 AM

Are you using Novell clients on the workstations? If so you will have to do things like turn file caching off and delayed writes off.

David
Posted by: Softrak Support

Re: errors - 09/30/08 10:37 AM

Hi, Angela,

What versions of Receivables, Payables and Invoices are you using (along with the release dates)? This information is available when you select Help | About from within each module.

When you say you don't have integrity checks in all of the modules, do you mean that, when you access the File menu, the Data Integrity Check menu pick is greyed out? If so, then you need to ask your Adagio system administrator to grant you access or perform the DICs.

With Novell, you need to ensure you are running the latest service packs. Also, ensure that Opportunistic Locking, File Commit and File Caching are turned off.

An error 120 lookup usually refers to having mismatched report tables. For this we'll need to know the versions(release dates) of the modules you are running.

Re: errors - 09/30/08 02:38 PM

re: the intefrity checks what I ment to say was that I have performed checks in each module and they come out without any erros.

Adagio Invoices, Receivables and Payables are all 8.1A, not sure where I would find the release dates...

Re: errors - 09/30/08 02:48 PM

Hi, Angela,

The release date is the date enclosed within parentheses to the right of the module version in Help | About.

For example, IN might be 8.1A(070921) or (070606) or (070721).

Re: errors - 09/30/08 03:16 PM

Invoice (070921)
Receivables (070920)
Payables (070919)
Ledger 9.1 (080307)

Re: errors - 09/30/08 03:51 PM

Okay, thank you.

Regarding the 'Error 120 lookup' when trying to print a Payables posting journal, please check within your server's \QRASP folder to determine you have the following report tables and dates:

QRTAPB68.QRW 9/13/2004
QRTAPT68.QRW 12/27/2002
QRTAPW68.QRW 4/12/2007
QRTAPZ80.QRW 3/28/2007
QRTAPW81.QRW 4/20/2007 and
QRTAPZ81.QRW 3/28/2007.

Re: errors - 09/30/08 04:03 PM

i Do not see the following files
QRTAPZ80.QRW 3/28/2007.....(I do have a QRTAPZ68.QRW)
QRTAPW81.QRW 4/20/2007 and
QRTAPZ81.QRW 3/28/2007.

Re: errors - 09/30/08 04:15 PM

Hi, Angela,

You will need to reinstall the Payables module as there may be other things not quite correct with your software installation.

If you are not familiar with doing this, you should contact your Adagio consultant for assistance.

Re: errors - 09/30/08 04:53 PM

I had a tech in the office the other day who said he re-installed all the modules, but I will phone him and verfy that.
Posted by: Ralph Allan

Re: errors - 09/30/08 05:08 PM

Angela .. there is a major difference between "a tech" and an Adagio Software consultant.

The installation of Adagio modules must be done correctly or they will not work as they should. An Adagio consultant knows how to do this.

It may that the closest one to you is in Calgary. You can see some of the most active ones here.

Re: errors - 10/01/08 11:41 AM

We are networked with 6 different computers all running adagio. Some computers seem to have fewer issues then the other ones, am I to assume that we should reinstall payables and perhaps all of adagio onto the server as and not just to each computer. We have already re-installed on one of the computers and that did not make a difference.

Re: errors - 10/01/08 02:37 PM

Hi Angela,

Adagio programs are meant to be installed once to a shared network location, if multiple people are going to use Adagio. If applications are installed to multiple local workstations, this is incorrect and can cause problems as serious as data integrity failures.

Indeed you should install Adagio Payables (and all other Adagio programs) to the network drive. All Adagio users would have Windows shortcuts to the application apwin.exe (or the respective application) on the network.

Re: errors - 10/01/08 03:12 PM

Thanks, thats what I thought I checked our work stations and they are only shortcuts. I have contacted an Adagio Consultant as re-installing onto our server might be a little out of my leaque, thank you for all your help.
Posted by: Kate Spontak

Re: errors - 10/01/08 05:59 PM

Angela,

Note that Tech Support is saying to install to the shared Network location, but that does not mean to install on the server.
Programs are always installed from a workstation to the server.
A current installation might not properly install the Report files if an installation was done on the server in the past.