Gridview Update Problems

Posted by: Karen

Gridview Update Problems - 10/08/07 01:36 PM

We updated to the latest version of Gridview and now can't run some of the reports we had created. Screen locks, can't refresh and only way to get out is CTRL ALT delete. In order to use the reports we need, we had to re-install an older version of Gridview. I would like to use the newer version for the enhancements it offers but do not want to lose our older reports.
Posted by: Retired_Guy

Re: Gridview Update Problems - 10/08/07 09:18 PM

Hello Karen,

We have had a report of a similar problem with Views that have filters causing V8.1 to crash. We have re-created the problem with the sample data, and it has been referred to R&D to try and figure out what is going on. At the original site that reported the problem, we found that re-creating the Filter solved the problem. While this is not an optimal solution, it did allow them to get the Views they needed running.

BTW - it would be sufficient to copy the Filter to Notepad and paste the text into the Filter box when the new version is installed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Posted by: Steve Schwartz

Re: Gridview Update Problems - 10/08/07 11:18 PM

Hi Andrew

Now that you mention it, I too crashed GridView 8.1A when trying to create a view with a filter, but because it was a date query filter, there was no way to re-create the filter - the view would crash before I could even load it. At the time, I thought it was something I had done, but now I realize it was an 8.1A problem. I ended up starting over without the date query, and it worked. So it seems to be hit or miss.

Steve
Posted by: Karen

Re: Gridview Update Problems - 10/10/07 10:23 AM

I re-registered the older version (8.0E(061017) as I don't want to "fix" each report. Embarassingly, my list of reports is immense and we use most of them. Will I get an email or somehow be alerted to the fix so I can download the newer version as soon as possible?

Karen

Re: Gridview Update Problems - 10/10/07 06:06 PM

Hi Karen,

I'll try and remember.
Posted by: Wally Kunz

Re: Gridview Update Problems - 10/10/07 06:56 PM

Karen --

You're on an Upgrades Plan for GridView, so you'll be notified by email as soon as the new version is released.

I've also emailed your Adagio consultants so they'll be aware that you're eager to get the new version.

-- Wally
Posted by: bal

Re: Gridview Update Problems - 10/15/07 10:32 AM

I am having similar problems. Of course, I only discovered it today and I need the report yesterday!

Re: Gridview Update Problems - 10/15/07 11:08 AM

Just by the way, I tried starting from scratch (new worksheet, new filter) and it still crashed.

Re: Gridview Update Problems - 10/16/07 11:33 AM

Hello bal and Karen,

The problem is with blanks in the filter. There is a hot fix available to fix the problem.

Re: Gridview Update Problems - 10/16/07 11:50 AM

Where is the hot fix?

Just by the way, I don't have any blanks in my filter. It's only one line.

Posted by: Softrak Support

Re: Gridview Update Problems - 10/16/07 05:12 PM

The problem happens if you have any spaces in your filter, along with Query functions. For example, spaces before or after the equals sign =, or parenthesis ( ). Eliminating these spaces (which doesn't affect formula syntax) seems to be OK, where filters with extra spaces for readability has the problem occur.

Re: Gridview Update Problems - 10/16/07 08:49 PM

I have no spaces.

Re: Gridview Update Problems - 10/16/07 10:34 PM

Hi bal,

=QUERY() functions also have a problem it appears. Are you using this in the filter? Has someone sent you the link to the service pack? I know it's been done.

If not, I apologize.

Andrew
Posted by: Douglas Dickie

Re: Gridview Update Problems - 10/16/07 11:43 PM

Andrew is mistaken, no service pack has yet been release to the public (or dealers for that matter).

Re: Gridview Update Problems - 10/17/07 05:29 AM

Hi Doug,

The announcement will go out today. The work has been done. Usually we try and get the fix directly to companies that have encountered the problem.

Re: Gridview Update Problems - 10/17/07 08:24 AM

It is a Query function.

I've got to get some reports out...is there going to be a fix. If not, I'm going to have to use another way to accumulate the information.

I know the other way and it takes a long time!

Thanks.

Re: Gridview Update Problems - 10/17/07 12:05 PM

Hi Cheryl,

There will be a fix posted today. I've asked someone to make sure that you are sent the link as soon as the files are up and ready to download. I'm on the road (as you know).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Re: Gridview Update Problems - 10/17/07 12:45 PM

Thanks a lot.

Re: Gridview Update Problems - 10/17/07 12:53 PM

Hi Cheryl,

Michael from our office has left a voicemail message for you. He wants to make sure that we've fixed the problem you are having.

Re: Gridview Update Problems - 10/17/07 01:12 PM

The Service Pack is being installed and tested live now. The channel announcement will go out shortly. By Thursday, we hope to send the special announcements to those who contacted us about the specific problem and then we'll send the announcement to all registered users.

Re: Gridview Update Problems - 10/17/07 01:45 PM

Tested it and it worked fine with the one report I really needed.

Up and running again. The heat was on.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Gridview Update Problems - 10/17/07 02:17 PM

Phew!

Thanks for the update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Re: Gridview Update Problems - 10/17/07 04:51 PM

The Service Pack has been tested and the channel announcement has gone. The special announcements have gone and we're sending the announcement to all registered users now. Should all be complete by 4:00pm Pacific