ePrint NFR

Posted by: JWH

ePrint NFR - 07/09/21 06:15 AM

Want to do some testing with ePrint in the office and don't see it available as an NFR download. Is it not available to download anymore?
Posted by: Steve Schwartz

Re: ePrint NFR - 07/09/21 07:42 AM

It's called DocStore now.
Posted by: Douglas Dickie

Re: ePrint NFR - 07/09/21 07:45 AM

Unless your talking about Adagio Cloud, where ePrint is still available, otherwise, as Steve says ePrint is now part of DocStore.

Re: ePrint NFR - 07/11/21 08:23 AM

Thanks for the posts.

Even though it is no longer supported and is now part of DocStore it's functionality should still work correct?

I ask since a client is getting the following error when trying to print to PDF (this has just happened in the last few days and they have been fine up until last Thursday):

"Could not read license for printer AdagioV2PDF. Print job will be cancelled."

Just curious.

Re: ePrint NFR - 07/11/21 08:34 AM

And as a follow up to the previous post the error for the AdagioV2PDF all workstations on the network are now getting not just one of them FWIW.
Posted by: Dan_Desautels

Re: ePrint NFR - 07/12/21 07:38 AM

Since Microsoft recently found and patched a print spooler vulnerability, you should check with the client's IT that they did not temporarily disable the print spooler on the client's workstations while waiting for the patch or the more likely scenario that the Windows patch did not disable the nova pdf service.

Re: ePrint NFR - 07/12/21 08:09 AM

Thanks Dan for the information. Much appreciated. Will contact them to find out.

With that said we did check two of the workstations in question (by that I mean the Nova PDF service) on the local machine and they were running. We stopped it and restarted for you know what and giggles and still the error.

Just so that I am clear does the Nova PDF service read the local service or the server?

Thanks in advance.

Re: ePrint NFR - 07/13/21 12:52 PM

Here is what resolved our issue as per the IT guys (which I assume is the issue Dan previously mentioned):

https://msrc.microsoft.com/update-guide/vulnerability/CVE-2021-34527
Posted by: Douglas Dickie

Re: ePrint NFR - 07/13/21 01:17 PM

Thanks for the update but your post isn't very clear:

Did installing the patch from Microsoft solve the problem? In which case the problem was caused by IT disabling the print spooler?

Re: ePrint NFR - 07/13/21 02:13 PM

Don't quote me but it is my understanding this was a MS update issue. All was fine up until last Thursday and then they started to get this issue.

So I assume one of the MS updates buggered something up and MS released this fix which obviously fixed the issue.
Posted by: Rajesh_Garg

Re: ePrint NFR - 07/13/21 02:21 PM

Yes, The link clearly explains in "Executive Summary" that

"A remote code execution vulnerability exists when the Windows Print Spooler service improperly performs privileged file operations. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could run arbitrary code with SYSTEM privileges. An attacker could then install programs; view, change, or delete data; or create new accounts with full user rights."

and windows Server 2012, 2016 and Win 10, Version 1607 have been released, and needs to install these update.

for all other in conversation please go through the link and take necessary steps by verifying your current windows security updates table.