“Check number has already been posted” message

Posted by: Bruce Gardner

“Check number has already been posted” message - 07/15/19 07:18 PM

Hello Support:

I’ve noticed this message twice at clients in the past week: “Check number has already been posted”. It appears in the Manual Checks function. The user adds an entry, puts a check-mark on the “Print check” option and then clicks on the “Ok” button. The message then appears, but since it is only a warning, it doesn’t prevent further work. In one case, the client had two Banks and this message only occurred for one of them. Payables 9.3A.

The message doesn’t make sense since, at this point, the cheque number hasn’t been assigned yet.

Question: Have you seen this before?
Posted by: Dan_Desautels

Re: “Check number has already been posted” message - 07/16/19 07:59 AM

Hi Bruce,

Look to see if they have a check in the Reconciliation window with a blank check number. I saw this with a client of mine. Somehow they had one there with no number and each time they would enter a check, like you said, it would give them that message.

I believe I deleted it from their reconciliation using GVRW or else we purged the reconciled checks. I can't remember which one.
Posted by: Bruce Gardner

Re: “Check number has already been posted” message - 07/16/19 01:26 PM

Hi Dan:

I thought that might be the explanation but I don't have ready access to the client databases to confirm. I'll check when I next have an opportunity.
Posted by: Softrak Support

Re: “Check number has already been posted” message - 02/25/20 02:36 PM

Hello Bruce and Dan,

We were never able to duplicate the issue with blank check numbers but we have beefed up Payables to prevent checks with Blank check numbers from being posted in the Payables 93B (20.02.17) Upgrade.