Editing Reallocation Accounts

Posted by: MER

Editing Reallocation Accounts - 05/24/19 06:40 AM

I have a dept for reallocation accounts, with 29 expense accounts. The % allocation is changing for the new fiscal year. Is there a way to export the Account Info including the reallocation info so that I don't have to edit each account individually in the Edit Accounts section?
Posted by: Dan_Desautels

Re: Editing Reallocation Accounts - 05/24/19 06:58 AM

Hello,

What you want is under File>Imports>Account Reallocations. There should be an example of the layout in the sample data C:\SOFTRAK\Ledger\samdata\GLREALIM.xlsx that matches the default import template.
Posted by: Steve Schwartz

Re: Editing Reallocation Accounts - 05/24/19 07:48 AM

Dan is correct if all you want to do is change percentages of existing reallocations.

It's more complicated if you want to delete a reallocation in total, or delete a detail from a reallocation.

Also, be careful when you are importing that all of the details of a reallocation are grouped together in the import file. If they are not, the import will fail because it will think the reallocation percentage doesn't total 100.

Steve
Posted by: Retired_Guy

Re: Editing Reallocation Accounts - 05/24/19 08:15 AM

Hi Steve,

I believe that when a reallocation for an account is imported, all the existing reallocation records for the account are deleted prior to the import being processed. So, all reallocation imports must sum to 100% and if you just want to change a couple of entries, the entire reallocation must be imported.
Posted by: MER

Re: Editing Reallocation Accounts - 05/24/19 10:27 AM

Thanks all. It was more complicated to do it simply (ha ha) than I thought, so I edited the accounts individually. It's on my list of things to review with our consultant when we meet with him.