I am running AR 8.0B (061213). I have been printing monthly statements just fine for the past 2 years. There is about 300 customers in the database and 45 statements to be sent - which is a normal number each month.

It doesn't make any difference if I set print parameters or just click "Print or Preview" after the acknowledging notification that "Interest charges have not been run....", the counter scans the customer base and 3/4 of the way through I get the "List..." message. This occurs in a preliminary phase of generating statements well before previewing, printing, or emailing.

I have rebooted the workstation and the server. I have tried this on an XP-64 and 2 different XP-32 workstations. I have done a "Data Integrity Check" 3 times. I have tried individual customers and all customers - makes no difference.

There have been no changes to any of the systems except normal updates from Microsoft.

My guess is, and I don't pretend to be an expert, that the indexs may need rebuilding. I have not figured out how to force a rebuild in Adagio. Can I still use Accpac for a Data Integrity Check and then tell it to rebuild the indexs?