Enhancements & Revisions
Adagio OrderEntry 8.1D
March 16, 2011
• Compatible with Adagio SalesAnalysis 9.0A. The batch file for retrieval SA contains information for the new fields in SA 9.0A, including Item and Customer Report Group, Optional Fields from the document header and the IC Item Description (from the order, where it may have been edited and thus different from the item description in inventory).
• In 8.1D (2010.11.05), the calculation of the value of invoices (and optionally orders) to be included in the credit check was being performed regardless of the settings for the customer’s default terms. This slowed down opening and saving orders for very high volume customers. The scan of the invoices is now only performed if credit limit checking is required for the order.
• When issuing a credit note against a previous invoice and returning a different quantity of items to inventory than were on the original invoice, an incorrect extended cost for the items was calculated. This has been fixed for credit notes going forward. Items returned on Credit Notes created in OrderEntry 8.1D (2010.11.05) or the 8.1D (2010.12.22) Hot Fix should be inspected and necessary adjustments made in Adagio Inventory.
• When using the Find function to find a document in current or history in version 8.1D the wrong row was highlighted in some cases if the type of document you were searching for was different than the type of tab you were on in the grid.
• When documents are restored from history, if items on the document no longer exist in inventory or are inactive a warning message is displayed.
• In 8.1D (2010.11.05), if you had ‘Sort active documents’ set to ‘Customer’ in the Company Profile, you received an “Access Violation" error in the Display Orders/Invoices/Credit Notes function. Note: ‘Sort historical documents’ did not have a problem.
• When Adagio Inventory versions prior to 8.1C were used with OE 8.1D, if you set 'Show active records only' in the Column Editor for items, all items were hidden and the grid was empty.
• On a stand-alone database (no IC), you received an “Access Violation" error when adding or editing a Price List Item.
• Edit Items function now respects the Payables 8.1C options to uppercase and auto-fill vendor codes.
• In 8.1D (2010.11.05), to import Special Prices to update existing records, you had to enable 'Add new records'.
• You could not save a template in the Import Special Prices function without including the Customer Number field in the imported fields, even with if you included it in the defaulted fields.
• This version moves toward our goal of a more Windows 7 friendly environment for installation. If you are installing to a mapped network drive that is normally accessible, but you cannot see it during the install when attempting to select a drive or folder, you can now install by browsing to the correct folder using the Universal Naming Convention (UNC), for example \\myserver\accounting\. This avoids having to adjust the User Account Control settings, which requires you to restart your computer and temporarily grant Administrative privileges to the user if they are not an administrator.
• This version simplifies installation by removing any consideration of the location of the Report Tables Drive (RTD) by the install and program in virtually all cases. Therefore the install no longer prompts for the RTD.
• The install writes to the master install log file "AdagioMasterInstall.log" in the \softrak\system folder. An entry is written to this log when any full, upgrade or SP for any Adagio module (with a release date of March 2011 or later) is installed. It shows the version installed and the version being replaced, the name of the Windows user who did the install and the rights for that user. An entry is also written to the log when an updated version of the Adagio Data Source (ADS) is installed, showing the version installed and the version being replaced. This log can be used to quickly determine the install history for all Adagio programs.
• When you select the 'Backup Files' option during an install, the replaced files are now saved in a subfolder named YYYYMMDD in the BACKUP folder, under the programs destination folder (rather than the BACKUP folder itself, where extensions need to be changed to .001, .002, etc. when there are multiple versions of the same file).
• The install includes an option allowing you to skip creating entries under Windows Start for cases where you will be manually creating an icon for the user to start Adagio and do not want them starting from Windows Start. During the install, uncheck the option 'Start Menu programs'. This avoids having to delete or change the Windows Start entry that would have been created.
• The install no longer checks the Opportunistic Locking setting (Oplocks) on the workstation.
• The Opportunistic Locking setting (Oplocks) on the workstation is no longer checked when the program is started.
• The System Status function in the Help menu (chksys.exe) no longer prompts you to disable Oplocks. It displays the current Oplocks setting and allows you to change it. The 'Check R/W Status', 'Check Specific Folder' function now supports UNC browse, whereas before you would have had to turn UAC off to use it.
• SetServerForAdagio and SetReportsTablesDrive utilities have been updated. The latter should virtually never be needed at an Adagio site once any Adagio module dated March 2011 or later has been installed.
© Copyright Softrak Systems Inc. All rights reserved.