Enhancements & Revisions
Adagio Receivables 9.3A
June 22, 2018
· Compatible with Adagio DocStore. Attach PDF documents to customers, batch entries, and posted transactions (current and history).
· Compatible with and required by Adagio Invoices 9.3A (if used).
· Supports Online Payment Processing. Requires new add-on module Adagio Payments 9.3A.
· Receivables is Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant, regardless of whether or not you take payment from customers by credit cards. Note: Any credit card numbers in Adagio Receivables, Invoices, OrderEntry and SalesCQ will be removed for 9.3A. Refer to the Upgrading section for details.
· Allows multiple credit cards per customer. Supports credit card by Ship To address.
· Recurring Charges now take payments by credit card if Adagio Payments is installed.
· Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) functions previously available as a custom modification to Receivables and Invoices are now available in the Adagio Payments add-on product. Note: Recurring Charges do not support payment by PAD for this release.
· Added support for “one-time” or “cash” customers. These customers must fully pay each invoice at the time it is issued. Create a customer and enable the ‘Miscellaneous customer’ option. When an invoice is created for a Miscellaneous Customer, you will be unable to save the invoice for this customer without also entering a full payment of the invoice. Adagio Payments users create a Miscellaneous Customer to take on-line credit card payments from a one-time customer. In previous versions, users often created a single customer to handle one-time customers.
· The Find button on the Customer grid in the Edit/View Customer functions is now enabled when a filter is applied. You can use the Finder and Smart Finder to search within the filtered grid.
· Payments can now be taken on credit notes for refunds, including credit cards online for Adagio Payments users. This will allow a future release of OrderEntry to create an invoice batch with a payment for credit notes entered in OE rather than splitting them into separate invoice and cash batch entries.
· The 'Auto-Generate' option has been added to the Edit Payment screen in Invoice Batch entry. It sets the Check Number field to 'AutoAssign'. When the batch is posted the Check Number will be set to the Invoice number. This speeds entry, avoids duplicate document numbers on cash transactions in AR and is useful when entering credit card payment transactions.
· Added new field PO Reference in invoices batches for customers who pay by PO number. The PO Number (or optionally other fields) from Adagio Invoices is sent to this field. The field posts to the Transaction file and is available for viewing and on statements. The PO Reference is available in the Send To G/L fields in the Company Profile, including the %prf expansion code for the User Defined format. The field prints on the Invoice Batch Listing and Posting Journal.
· Added ExcelDirect to batches, batch entry and batch details grids.
· The ‘Include payment’ option has been added for copy entry/batch for invoice batches. For cash batches, the payment info is always copied. In earlier versions, the payment information was always copied, even for invoice batches.
· The highest batch number has been increased from 9999 to 65535 before it rolls over to 1 again.
· The Print Statements/Letters function allows you to select and send/print to multiple Send Methods (Printer, PDF, email) simultaneously. The Print, Email, ePrint and Fax buttons on the print dialog have been replaced with a single button called Send/Print. Allows you to quickly print and email a document in one operation.
· Added keyboard shortcut Alt-M to set focus to the Send Method on the Print Statement/Letters print dialog. Once on the Send Method, the arrow and spacebar keys can be used to select or deselect Printer, PDF and/or Email. Also added Alt-P, Alt-D and Alt-E to select or deselect directly. Note: previously Alt-P was use for the Send/Print button. Alt-S is now used for this button. The Send/Print button has the focus on the dialog. You can simply press Enter to print.
· Added ‘Show invoices to attach not found’ option to the Statement Options tab in the Company Profile. Enable this option if you want users to be shown a list of any invoices that should have been attached to the statement, when produced, but the PDFs for them were not found.
· On the Print Statement/Letters print dialog, when a single or multiple Send Methods are used, they are remembered for next time.
· Added ‘Include overdue invoices only’ option to the Print Statement/Letters print dialog. Use this option to attach only outstanding invoices (past their Due Date) when the statements are run.
· Added ‘Attach docs >= n days overdue’ option to the Print Statement/Letters print dialog. The option may be used in conjunction with the ‘Include overdue invoices only’ option. When it has a non-zero value, it may be used to limit the number of invoices attached to emailed statements.
· For Adagio Time&Billing users, added ‘Active only’ option for Files and Staff Members to the Print Statements/Letters function. Note: supported for the Time Accounting billing by File method only.
· Added ‘Customer aging by’ option to the Statement Options tab in the Company Profile to determine which documents are overdue when printing statements. It can be set to Document Date or Due Date. The option is also used exclusively in the Calculate Customer Aging function and is displayed on the screen. The aging on the Transactions tab in the customer also uses this option and is therefore consistent with the aging in Calculate Customer Aging function.
· Added new specification codes to print totals when the new Statement option ‘Include overdue invoices only’ is used:
· Added new specification code:
· Added new specification code for Credit Card last 4 digits:
· Added new specification codes for Credit Card Processing for use if you have Adagio Payments:
· Print the Overdue Receivables, Aged Trial Balance,and Customer Transactionsreports to Excel using ExcelDirect. Transactions from the report are exported to Excel using the selected ranges, sorts and options (except subtotals and page breaks). The resulting spreadsheet may be more useful than the export produced from the Crystal Reports viewer. Fields exported will be in separate columns, whereas exporting the report from Crystal results in all fields in a single column. To print the report to Excel, select the new ‘Enable ExcelDirect Print’ option and related settings on the Report Options tab in the Company Profile and in User Preferences.
· For Adagio Time&Billing users, added ‘Active only’ option for Files and Staff Members to the Overdue Receivables, Projected Receivables, Aged Trial Balance and Customer Transactions reports.
· Added Transaction Description, Reference and PO Reference to the temporary work files used by Aging reports to allow these fields to be added on modified reports (using Crystal Reports).
· The Import Invoices function now allows the Distribution Code and GL Account/Department to be defaulted from the customer.
· Added CalculateAging command in Automation Files for Adagio Console users. It uses the options remembered from when the Calculate Customer Aging function was last run.
· Added Contact Email to the Company Profile.
General New Features
· The Adagio Login dialog permits browsing to a UNC. The Create database button is hidden unless “/C” is included on the command line. New databases are created with the extension “ADB” or the extension used by existing modules in the selected Folder.
· A “Backup” button has been added to the Adagio Toolbar. Backup Options select whether the button saves the module data, related data or the entire database and whether exclusive access is required for the backup to proceed. The backup now includes the Automation Batch Folder.
· Backup options enable automatic or prompted backups prior to performing any critical function such as batch posting or period end functions. You can choose the number of these backups that will be saved.
· Only a single instance of Calculator will be launched when the Calculator button is clicked.
· Messages are now centered on the main form, rather than on the main monitor.
· User preferences have been added to control the behavior of double clicking in a Dialog field. You can also choose to apply banding to those grids that do not display Styles and choose a date format to use in the Adagio Grid. Telephone numbers are now formatted in the Grid according to the Company profile option.
· Installs \Softrak\System\AdagioLauncher.EXE and associates the application with “ADB”, “SAM” and “AMC” extensions. AdagioLauncher will automatically launch the correct Adagio module if an Adagio file is double-clicked in a Folder. The user will be prompted to log in.
· The finder on the GL Department field is now restricted to the departments for the account selected.
· The GL Department Description is now available to be added to the GL Account finder with the Column Editor.
· Refresh Sample Data function has been added to the Help menu. It allows you to refresh single and multi-currency sample data (and sample data with Adagio JobCost if used) to its original state at install time.
· It is easier to choose the correct field from tables with large numbers of fields in the Column Editor. You can now sort the list, restrict the list using the data type you are searching for (Text, Date, Amount and Value), and type in some text likely to identify the field. Use the Select the Type option on the Select Fields dialog to show fields of that type.
· If you viewed a customer and then added a new one, there was no dropdown on the Ship via field.
· When a customer was added on the fly through batch entry, styles were not applied.
· New customers were forced to use uppercase in the State/Province when ‘North American address’ and ‘Uppercase state/province’ were off in the Company Profile.
· Added GU (Guam) as a valid state on a customer formatted addresses.
· This could happen if you use BankRec to create zero dollar entries in match unapplied credit notes to invoice, instead of doing this in Receivables. When BankRec was set to create Retrieval Batches for Receivables, the Payment amount in AR was not zero but the amount of the invoice.
· When creating a Retainage invoice, the Job Number from the invoice did not display on the screen in some cases.
· Emailed statements with many (approximately 100 or more) attached invoices were not sent, likely due to email limitations, but there was no error or indication the email was not sent. The number of invoice attachments is now limited to 25.
· In Receivables 9.2A, the 'Outstanding transactions only' option in the Print Statements function did not work. The paid transactions were always suppressed.
· Corrected a problem where the preview of statements to an Ultra High Resolution screen displayed shrunken in the upper left of the screen. The preview from the Specification Designer was also corrected.
· When the Overdue Receivables report was sorted by Report Group with the option ‘Print 0 balance customers’ enabled, the “0” customer accounts that had cash applied in the current month showed up in the Report Group “blank” as opposed to their designated Report Group.
· For Adagio Time&Billing users, on the Aged Trial Balance and Customer Transactions reports, Dockets are now suppressed if current transactions net to 0 for the same period unless the 'Print 0 balance customers' option is selected.
· When Adagio Time&Billing is used, the cash receipt posting journal repeated the File name and number from the previous transaction over the top of the next transaction in some cases.
· Errors occurred when importing customers with Adagio SalesCQ data present, if the customer had never been accessed by SalesCQ (which adds information for the Quotes tab in Edit Customer).
· The Import Invoices function did not report a verification error for a duplicate invoice number.
· There was a false error such as “Terms PREPAY requires full payment. Entry 0 will not be imported.” on import of detail-only invoices with a payment, in some cases.
· Printing a Report Set to PDF used the older AdagioPDF printer driver rather than the newer AdagioV2PDF printer driver. This caused a problem if an older version of some Adagio module that installed the older AdagioPDF had not been installed at a site.
· DataCare did not perform the Application Integrity Check phase on Receivables history. DataCare now respects the ‘Check history during DIC?’ option on the System Options tab in the Company Profile. The DataCare job will now take somewhat longer if the option is enabled.
· Deleting a Salesperson displayed a message saying OrderEntry Day End and purge Salesperson Commission Report must be done first, even when the report had in fact been cleared. This no longer occurs. The report does not have be cleared.
· Receivables 9.2A (2017.07.11) did not work with PrintBoss™ from Wellspring Software, Inc.
· Corrects problem in Receivables 9.2A (2017.07.11) where the number of copies set in a printer driver did not work for statements printed to that printer.
© Copyright Softrak Systems Inc. All rights reserved.