Topic Options
#9639 - 08/13/07 12:17 PM Printing an Order to a file
Marion Offline
Adagio Enthusiast

Loc: Manitoba,Canada
Is there a way to export a sales order from OE V8.0A to a file?
Ideally, I'd like to export it in a spreadsheet or CSV format.

Marion

#9640 - 08/13/07 12:36 PM Re: Printing an Order to a file [Re: Marion]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Marion,

What information did you want to export? The easiest way is to use the SmartFinder on the Order field, use the column editor to add the column information, generate the search, then click the Excel Direct button. This will allow you to export one or more sales orders to an Excel spreadsheet.

If you need to do this on a frequent basis, it may also be interesing to use the program Adagio GridView to generate the Excel spreadsheet.

#9641 - 08/13/07 01:42 PM Re: Printing an Order to a file [Re: Softrak Support]
Marion Offline
Adagio Enthusiast

What information did you want to export?
- I want to export the order (line details)

The easiest way is to use the SmartFinder on the Order field, use the column editor to add the column information, generate the search, then click the Excel Direct button. This will allow you to export one or more sales orders to an Excel spreadsheet.
- Yes, using SmartFinder (F6) and column editor does give access to the Excel Direct button, but -
Individual line items do not appear to be an option in Column Editor.

If you need to do this on a frequent basis, it may also be interesing to use the program Adagio GridView to generate the Excel spreadsheet.
- In AccPac it was possible to export an order (or many reports/things) to a file.
- I have been trying gridview but so far the searches I generated came up blank.!

#9642 - 08/13/07 01:55 PM Re: Printing an Order to a file [Re: Marion]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Hi Marion,

In Adagio, you also can print reports to a file. Choose the report you want (Order Listing?) and change the print destination to File. Then you can select the type of file (Excel, Word, HTML). This would allow you to print a report to an Excel spreadsheet.

If you need the details of an order, then indeed using the SmartFinder is not the solution as it shows the Header information only.
----
In using GridView, make sure you are using the table 'Sales order detail', not 'History Detail'. Or perhaps even the table 'OE Ord Detail with Head' from the Composite 80C table area, combining the order header and detail files together. Also, the 'Order Key' field in the 'Order Detail' file has a prefix of O, I or C (depending on the document type) - make sure that if you are filtering on this field, the text you are trying to match is exact, including any spaces. Perhaps try loading the data without a filter, and if the data is large, escape part way through the load and show results (to make sure any data appears).

#9644 - 08/13/07 02:02 PM Re: Printing an Order to a file [Re: Marion]
Michael Mulrooney Offline
Adagio Virtuoso

Loc: Vancouver, BC
In Adagio you can send any management report to Excel, although the formatting is not great. In Order Entry choose Reports | Order Reports | Order/Invoice/Credit Note List and select the Sales Order. Do a Print Preview, in the preview pane select Export (envelope with red arrow) and select your destination.

It would be helpful to know what you want to do with the "exported" information as there may be some other way of achieving your goal.

#9646 - 08/13/07 06:21 PM Re: Printing an Order to a file [Re: Michael Mulrooney]
Marion Offline
Adagio Enthusiast

Thanks, Michael. Yes - I tried that option, and as you say, the formatting is not great!
What I want to do with the information is as follows:

It is for the purpose of sending samples to US tradeshows and creating the required customs documentation. First, an order is created in OE. We have created ProForma Spec file for printing that shows the weight, country of origin, tariff item, etc. - all the stuff that is needed to ship to the US.
However, unless it is actually INVOICED, values and weights are not totalled. So, if I could export all the details to Excel,
I can create the necessary docs without actually invoicing.

I will try the gridview report as suggested by Support. Probably tomorrow!

Thanks for all your help so far!

#9647 - 08/13/07 06:51 PM Re: Printing an Order to a file [Re: Marion]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Originally Posted By: Marion
However, unless it is actually INVOICED, values and weights are not totalled.

That's not quite true. The issue is that Extended Price and Extended Weight are calculated based on the value of Quantity Shipped, not Quantity Ordered. But you don't have to invoice an order so that you can save an order with Qty Shipped <> 0.

In the OE Company Profile, enable the option 'Qty shipped on orders'. This allows you to choose posting either as an order or an invoice while having a qty shipped <> 0. In addition, to prevent accidental posting of an invoice, there is another option 'Default posting to order' which in the above scenario will select 'Order' as the default document type to post.

After posting an order with qty shipped <> 0, you can print a pick slip or order confirmation specification with the Extended Weight and Price for each item, and a grand total for weight/price for the entire order.

Would this solve your situation?

#9648 - 08/13/07 06:53 PM Re: Printing an Order to a file [Re: Marion]
Michael Mulrooney Offline
Adagio Virtuoso

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Copy of your dataset to a folder called TRADESHOW and point Adagio at that data, create your order and invoice it to get your values and weights. This need never touch your production data. You can change the screen colors to make sure this copy is not used by mistake.

Would that work?

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 98 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18