Topic Options
#770 - 11/15/00 07:27 AM Importing Invoices loses Ship To code
Anonymous
Unregistered

When importing an invoice file into Adagio Invoices (6.5a, ptf 00526 applied), the Ship To code is not acted upon. When the Customer type code is 'C1', the Ship To code doesn't even show up on the shipping Info screen for the invoice(s). When set to 'C2', it shows up, but the info is not correct. In either case the Billing (Customer) info is displayed instead.

The codes are correct, and to verifiy this, in C2 mode, when the code is selected in the drop-down, nothing happens, indicating the code matches the list entry, so the control doesn't sense a change. The code must then be retyped in, or another code chosen to trigger the ship to data retrieval.

I assumed the latest fix (AIP01013) addressed this, since it refers to Ship To, but a Softrak rep said no and referred me here. Is this true? (As a related question, where can I find the info for what these ptf files address?)

Am I missing something here, or is this a deficiency in the program? How can it be rectifed?

Thanks for your help!

#771 - 11/15/00 11:54 AM Re: Importing Invoices loses Ship To code
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Dbritten,

You are correct that the ship-to code and associated address information is being imported as you say. We are coming out with a new release shortly (in addition to the ptf you mentioned) and if possible, will try to incorporate a change for this.

Please note that the C1/C2 customer type will have no effect for shipping address information as these fields cannot be directly imported. Only the ship-to code can influence this info, and as you found, is not working as it should.

The AIP01013 ptf did not address anything with ship-to codes; the previous 000526 fixed a problem on entering the code on an invoice, but this is not import related.

Thank you for your concern in this.

#772 - 11/15/00 05:33 PM Re: Importing Invoices loses Ship To code
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for your prompt reply on this - it is appreciated!

In regards to your response, and my secondary question... How will I know if a resolution to this problem is in the next fix? Moreover, how do we know what any of the fixes address? The only info available on the web page for the current release(s) is 'Fixes to customer type, ship-to codes on invoices, and more'..

It would be great to have a link to a web page showing the release notes for a given ptf.

#773 - 11/15/00 07:20 PM Re: Importing Invoices loses Ship To code
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Dbritten,

I've been told by development that the ship-to code import issue has been fixed in time for the upcoming new version of Adagio Invoices. We still have to verify all is OK first...

Currently, detailed release notes (new features and fixes) have links from the Dealer portion of the website, but not yet from the End User portion. These same release notes are sent to users with their upgrade packages. I also believe the readme includes the same list of new features and fixes.

I'd be glad to forward your suggestion for end user access to the webmaster for perusal.

#774 - 11/15/00 07:41 PM Re: Importing Invoices loses Ship To code
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks again for your prompt reply!

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 98 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18