Topic Options
#36330 - 04/02/13 07:34 AM A/R Discount
SusanTennier Offline
Adagio Maestro

Loc: Ontario, Canada
A/R Discount is calculating before tax whether or not you have "Calculate discount for base with tax included" checked or unchecked in the Company Profile. Anyone else find the same? This option does not work. Is there something else I'm suppose to do besides check it in the company profile to activate this option for a particular customer?

#36347 - 04/02/13 12:14 PM Re: A/R Discount [Re: SusanTennier]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Susan,

Where are you doing the transaction entry, in Receivables or Order Entry or somewhere else? In the A/R company profile on the 'Batch' tab, there is an option for 'Calculate base for discount with tax included' that can be turned on or off. In Order Entry, there is an option on the 'System Options' tab called 'Terms disc base with tax' and you can choose Included or Excluded.

These settings are independant of one another, so that setting the option in the A/R company profile will not affect O/E entry, and vice versa. I checked with both A/R and O/E and they are working as expected that I can tell with various combinations of the above option settings. There are no customer-specific settings for this - it is global for all customers.

If you have found an area where the terms discount base is incorrectly including or excluding tax, could you indicate in which application the document is being entered, and what the option setting is for the comapny profile in the application of which the entry is being done?

There is another setting in A/R regarding accumulating customer statistics with or without tax - on the 'System Options' tab - so ensure that this is also set in the desired way for all A/R posted batches, either originated in A/R or retrieved from O/E.

#36377 - 04/03/13 04:05 PM Re: A/R Discount [Re: Softrak Support]
SusanTennier Offline
Adagio Maestro

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I changed the option in Order Entry that you mentioned to "include", so we'll see if it works now. I'll let you know.

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 98 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18