Topic Options
#35734 - 02/26/13 06:29 AM Financial Reports - convert to PDF issues
KNoel Offline
Adagio Guru

Loc: Ottawa ON Canada
We're moving towards printing less and less and love the AdagioPDF feature now available! We do have one issue we hope can be resolved:

When saving to PDF in F/R, it is not consistent with the thickness of the lines that appear. Printing a hard copy of the report shows equal thickness of underlines but when saved to PDF, some lines become thicker than others...Any way around this?

BTW, love this forum and find solutions to our various problems all the time!
Karin

#35738 - 02/26/13 09:46 AM Re: Financial Reports - convert to PDF issues [Re: KNoel]
Douglas Dickie Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Karin:

When you say the PDF file lines are thicker/thiner. Is this just the way it looks when you view the PDF or is this the way it looks when you print from the PDF file?
ddickie@accsyssolutions.com

#35742 - 02/26/13 11:59 AM Re: Financial Reports - convert to PDF issues [Re: Douglas Dickie]
KNoel Offline
Adagio Guru

I'm wondering if my problem is in the use of the borders in F/R and perhaps row heights. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to see what borders are selected in a cell and maybe if the cell above also has a bottom border selected it might be bolding that one line as well. The report was originally created by our Adagio Consultant and is now updated by us. While in a cell in F/R, is there a way to see what borders are selected? I tried to go under Format|Borders but it only highlights the left button.
Maybe I should try clearing all the borders and re-create them again?

#35746 - 02/26/13 05:08 PM Re: Financial Reports - convert to PDF issues [Re: KNoel]
Douglas Dickie Offline
Adagio God

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Karin:

I could be any one of the times you mention and it would be difficult to tell exactly which issue was causing the problem without physically being able to see the financial statement with data.

To see the border formating right click on the field containing the border (I appreciate that sometimes it can be hard to tell exactly which cell when you're not sure if its a top or bottom border) and select format. Then selcte the border tab. Look for the indented buttons that signify the type border and location.
ddickie@accsyssolutions.com

#35751 - 02/27/13 07:47 AM Re: Financial Reports - convert to PDF issues [Re: Douglas Dickie]
Ralph Allan Offline
Adagio Virtuoso

Loc: Prince George BC
I suspect this is a rendering issue with PDF files. I have seem the same thing with other underlines and borders sent to PDF (like Excel spreadsheets) using several different PDF-generation programs.

Often, the PDF's seem to render correctly when printed, even if they seem to distort lines on the screen.

#35775 - 02/28/13 06:39 AM Re: Financial Reports - convert to PDF issues [Re: Ralph Allan]
KNoel Offline
Adagio Guru

Thank you for your feedback Maestro and Conductor...

I've tried to right-click on the cell in F/R and do a format|borders to see what borders are selected but the only indented button is always the left! If I change all the borders to something obvious (thick line) and go back to edit, only the left button is selected and with a thin line. This seems to be the default on every cell in the sheet...

Either way, this will probably not solve the problem of rendering when converting to PDF. You're right, this seems to also happen in Excel and other software and PDFs do not seem able to exactly duplicate the print version.

#35852 - 03/04/13 10:47 AM Re: Financial Reports - convert to PDF issues [Re: KNoel]
KNoel Offline
Adagio Guru

Anyone else have problems seing the border selection when right-clicking?

#35855 - 03/04/13 11:13 AM Re: Financial Reports - convert to PDF issues [Re: KNoel]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
Cell formatting works differently in the Financial Reporter than in Excel. You are always adding the formatting element to whatever is the base format for the cell (which might be coming from the row, column or Style format for the number).

To start with a default formatted cell, right mouse click and choose "Clear Contents" (you might want to copy that cell formula to the clipboard before doing this). Then choose what borders you'd like to add.

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 98 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18