Topic Options
#34730 - 01/04/13 12:50 PM Format in Vendor List problem
Barry French Offline
Adagio Fan

Loc: Kelowna, BC
In the A/P module, when you open a Vendor, on the Vendor tab is all the information giving name, address, phone etc. On the bottom of this window are the two boxes that control the "Display Styles" as to how the vendor name will appear. The one box is "Manual" which can be selected; the other box is "Automatic" which does not let me select it. Question 1: What is controlling the automatic setting. Question 2 - which is my problemj - I am setting the print in manual to, for example "FontRedBold". The vendor name then appears in red bold. But when I close the AP module and come back in, it will change. It does not change 100% of the time and it does not always change to the same thing but it does change. How do I control these fonts so they will stay the same. By the way, in the manual box which has all the examples, the example does not always match. For instance, the "fontredbold" is not bold and it is not red, it is italics with no colour. Immediately below "fontredbold" is "LightGreyNormal" which is bold and coloured pastel yellow. Help!

#34731 - 01/04/13 01:08 PM Re: Format in Vendor List problem [Re: Barry French]
Bruce Gardner Offline
Adagio Wizard

Loc: Toronto ON, Canada
Hello Barry:
The "Automatic" style is determined by the use of Filters: 5-minute video on Filters

And I've experienced the same problem you described at the end of your posting. So it's not you if that's any consolation! I don't know the cause but perhaps Support can offer a solution.

#34732 - 01/04/13 01:17 PM Re: Format in Vendor List problem [Re: Bruce Gardner]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
If a Style does not show the 'expected' formatting (ie FontRedBold is not Red nor Bold) then the problem cause is that the AdagioStyles.INI file in the \softrak\system directory has been changed. It is just a text file.

I have heard of one other site where all the Styles actually display the formatting that belongs to the Style code below it, essentially appearing that the styles and formatting are out of synch. But we have never been able to reproduce the problem, so I cannot suggest why this happened. Perhaps something in Windows was cached and re-wrote the text file incorrectly.

The simple fix is to get everyone out of Adagio and then rename the AdagioStyles.INI file. Re-starting Adagio will recreate this file with the default settings.

Then try to keep an eye out if you see the Styles get out of synch again and if it does, can you let us know what you were doing when the problem started?

Also, if you edit the Style codes from the File menu, are all Styles 'incorrect' or just some of them? If just some of them, is there a 'break point' where some at the top are OK but those below are not? Which is the last 'good' style name and the first 'bad' one?

#34734 - 01/04/13 02:46 PM Re: Format in Vendor List problem [Re: Bruce Gardner]
Retired_Guy Offline
Adagio Master

Loc: Canada
The loss of synchronization between the Style and its formatting is almost always a transient condition caused by editing the Styles themselves. I think it occurs when a Style is deleted, but have not been able to confirm this. It has happened to me in a standalone environment when demonstrating the use of Styles with Filters. There is no risk to the data.

Exiting the application and restarting it has always solved the problem.

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 98 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18