Topic Options
#25748 - 01/11/11 06:18 PM O/E Item number import problems
Taylor Offline
Adagio Buff

Loc: Alberta Canada
I am attempting to import item numbers from a spreadsheet (csv
limited) to a new Order Entry. Some of the items imported, others didn't. I got two messages "Unable to open data file O/E Units of Measure @O80AUOM,(1213)". I got this one when I first started to import, and closed it and the import proceeded.
Second message "File Locking. Unable to access O/E Item Master. This file is in use by [....] in window [....]. The characters in the brackets are not the usual characters on the key board. They are more like programming characters. This second message varied when I tried to cancel. Sometimes it was O/E Item Master, sometimes it was O/E Item
Categories. It also locked the program up completely and I had to CONT/ALT/DEL to get out.
I have tried this several times. Sometimes I get the message when I start validating the imported items, sometimes it is at the start of importing, sometimes after it imports a few.
I am trying to import about 5400 items; about 3800 of them imported to O/E for me on the first attempt. One thing I noticed regards the picking sequence. If the picking sequence was all digits it imported. If it was a combination of digits and letters, it did not usually import.
I also tried adding an item without importing and I got the "access violation" message mentioned in a previous topic. I contacted my consultant, who assisted with the hot fix. We were not successful because the file could not be found on C:\Documents and Settings\...
If any one can give me suggestions on what I could be doing wrong, it would be appreciated.
Thanks, Linda

#25757 - 01/12/11 11:31 AM Re: O/E Item number import problems [Re: Taylor]
Taylor Offline
Adagio Buff

Loc: Alberta Canada
Just wanted to add this note. I have tried importing again this am. I separated out all the picking sequences with digits and letters into a separate spread sheet and then imported them without any problems.
However I could not download the hot fix. Linda

#25762 - 01/12/11 12:08 PM Re: O/E Item number import problems [Re: Taylor]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Linda,

What version of Adagio Order Entry do you have installed?

We're currently not aware of any problems with importing items and the picking sequence, but we can investigate this for you. From your postings above, it appears that a mix of items with strictly numeric picking sequences and those with alpha-numeric picking sequences causes a problem, but when separated they don't.

As for downloading and installing hot fixes, your Adagio consultant would need to assist you, as they have. The downloaded file needs to be saved first before running, as opposed to running directly from the web. I suspect that either the downloaded file was saved in a directory not visible to the current Windows user (as 'Documents and Settings' implies a user-specific directory) or perhaps for some reason running the hot fix doesn't like being in a directory path with spaces. If you can see the hot fix file, perhaps try copying it to a different directory that does not have any spaces.

#25770 - 01/13/11 06:37 AM Re: O/E Item number import problems [Re: Softrak Support]
Carol Wojick Offline
Adagio Virtuoso

Loc: Calgary
Just to clarify.
The hotfix was put into f:\softrak\upgrades.
When the file was double clicked on - run, loading Adagio, welcome screen, proceed, downloading file. May take several seconds, click install -
this is where the problem came in -
could not communicate with network server error 1.
When abort was clicked - - file c:\documents and settings\fowler\local settings\temp\TmpSsi\oehsp20101222Etc.zip could not be open.

This was tried on another workstation with the same results.

#25772 - 01/13/11 07:27 AM Re: O/E Item number import problems [Re: Carol Wojick]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi,

I suspect there is some security at the site that is preventing the file from being run properly. I've downloaded the rile and run it successfully more than once here.

Carol, are you able to download and run the file in your office?

Moderator:  Christa_Meissner 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 98 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18