Topic Options
#16532 - 03/30/09 12:33 PM I/C ITEM STATUS PRINT "Error:524 Print Job Busy"
Heather Mac Offline
Adagio Scholar

Loc: Ontario, Canada
This error has been showing for about 1 year now and know one knows how to clear it. We are unable to print from this section until we clear this error. This is the way the error shows in box on screen- Error:524 Print Job Busy
Close Print Job<PEClosePrintJob>.
But know one is printing. Can anyone help?

Edited by Heather Mac (03/30/09 12:35 PM)

#16534 - 03/30/09 02:55 PM Re: I/C ITEM STATUS PRINT "Error:524 Print Job Busy" [Re: Heather Mac]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Heather,

This error can be pretty generic and mean a few different things. First of all, can I verify what version of Adagio Inventory you are using? This can be found from the Help / About screen.

When you print the report, what options are selected? This could be important, in case one of the particular options when selected is causing the problem.

What is the range of item(s) chosen to print?

When you print, are you printing to paper, previewing, or printing to a file? This may be important as this was a known issue with old versions when printing a report to a Word file.

Do you have a customized Item Status report? This can be determined if you have a \softrak\icwin\modrp directory and an ICSTATUS.RPT report file within. Perhaps you have an 'old' report and updated report tables that no longer match - and the modification has to be re-donw with the latest report.

In the \softrak\icwin\StandardRP directory, the unmodified report files are located here. What are the file dates of your ICSTATUS.RPT file? How about ICSTATU2.RPT? Depending on your version of Inventory in use, it may be that an old version of the report was not overwritten by an updated version when an upgrade was installed.

Do you have more than one person with access to Adagio Inventory? Does the error happen to every user attempting to print the report, or only some?

#16540 - 03/30/09 04:07 PM Re: I/C ITEM STATUS PRINT "Error:524 Print Job Busy" [Re: Heather Mac]
Heather Mac Offline
Adagio Scholar

We upgraded to version 8.1A in March 08.

Options : Reports, stock control reports, item status, type item code (1 item only) and click on print or preview and the same error appears. Then the program will freeze. I am printing to paper.

In StandardRP the file date for ICSTATUS.RPT file is 08/11/2006 and ICSTATU2.RPT is 08/11/2006.

Yes there are more people with access to Adagio Inventory and the same error happens for every user who tries to print the same report. You can print any other report (ex item evaluation)in inventory just not under the item status.

#16543 - 03/30/09 06:05 PM Re: I/C ITEM STATUS PRINT "Error:524 Print Job Busy" [Re: Heather Mac]
Softrak Support Offline

Adagio Action Team

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Thank you for the information.

The correct report date for ICSTATUS.RPT is 8/3/2006, and the correct date for ICSTATU2.RPT is 2/2/2006. This means that either your reports were edited and changes saved on 8/11/2006, or an installation was done on 8/11/2006 and the wrong date was applied to these files. If you upgraded since then, new report files would not have been installed since they have dates earlier than 8/11.

So it is very possible that your item status report files are out of synch with the rest of the program. You would either have to uninstall and reinstall your Adagio Inventory program, or get your Adagio consultant involved to get the correct report files.

The most current Adagio Inventory service pack is dated Feb 17, 2009. If you have this installed, then you can also have your Adagio Consultant use a date-fixer utility to ensure that all your program files are correct.

Another possible scenario is that you have recently installed your Adagio programs to a new server, and all of the required report tables don't exist on the new system. Installing the most recent service pack would help ensure you have all the correct report tables.

#16545 - 03/31/09 07:41 AM Re: I/C ITEM STATUS PRINT "Error:524 Print Job Busy" [Re: Softrak Support]
Heather Mac Offline
Adagio Scholar

Okay, thank you very much for your response to our issues. I will have our Adagio Consultant view our report files.

Thanks
Heather MacInnis

Moderator:  Softrak Support 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 98 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
1848 Members
5 Forums
14242 Topics
69746 Posts

Max Online: 359 @ 11/18/19 09:08 PM
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18